Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES NFCU PULL ONLY EQUIFAX?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

DOES NFCU PULL ONLY EQUIFAX?

I have enough inquiries (5)for the last 12 months on my EQ and would like to use either my TU or EX. I'm about to move to a state where TU is pulled more often for consumer credit. Does NFCU ever pull TU or EX for membership or credit cards?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DOES NFCU PULL ONLY EQUIFAX?

TU often (likely 70/30 or thereabouts EQ/TU) I don't know of any Experian pulls by them from either use reports or the online databases.

        
Message 2 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

TU often (likely 70/30 or thereabouts EQ/TU) I don't know of any Experian pulls by them from either use reports or the online databases.

Thank you Revelate.That info helps me. Its interesting how some regions or states are covered mostly by one bureau and not so much the others.Here in central florida the go to credit bureau 85% of the time is EQ. The inquiries can really add up.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 3 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

They have only pulled EQ for me for cc app, CLI and Navchek app. I was lucky to have joined when they were still softing for m'ship, but that was EQ as well. It seems that since they have started doing HP for m'ship, they have been doing both tu and EQ. Most report that they pull one for m'ship and the other for cc app, when done within a short time of joining. I have a feeling that if they pull more than once within a period (like maybe a month- not sure), they automatically will pull from a diff CRA the 2nd time. Not100%. Just my observations. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well I hope you fair better than me when you app with them.   I don't know if you've read how hp happy NFCU is.  I *really* didn't understand that until I went through it myself.  It started like this.  The membership cost me one hp on TU.  Then I did the cc app.   That costed me one hp on EQ (I also noticed a sp as well) and another  hp on TU.  So in total 3 hp's and 1 sp (I know the sp is no big deal).  

This all happened on 12/21 and 12/22.  I asked others about it and the answer's I got was "I told you NFCU was hp happy!".  Yea they sure were with me!  Nonetheless I got approved anyway for one amount and then I asked for a reconsideration and got it.  At first I wanted to say something to NFCU about it, but then after the recon I decided to keep my mouth shut because I don't want to rock the boat with them.  I know that as long as I treat them well they will treat me well so I'm okay with it.

In the last few months I have read that typically there is one hp each on TU and EQ.....not ever heard about them pulling EX.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Well I hope you fair better than me when you app with them.   I don't know if you've read how hp happy NFCU is.  I *really* didn't understand that until I went through it myself.  It started like this.  The membership cost me one hp on TU.  Then I did the cc app.   That costed me one hp on EQ (I also noticed a sp as well) and another  hp on TU.  So in total 3 hp's and 1 sp (I know the sp is no big deal).  

This all happened on 12/21 and 12/22.  I asked others about it and the answer's I got was "I told you NFCU was hp happy!".  Yea they sure were with me!  Nonetheless I got approved anyway for one amount and then I asked for a reconsideration and got it.  At first I wanted to say something to NFCU about it, but then after the recon I decided to keep my mouth shut because I don't want to rock the boat with them.  I know that as long as I treat them well they will treat me well so I'm okay with it.

In the last few months I have read that typically there is one hp each on TU and EQ.....not ever heard about them pulling EX.

They have on occasion pulled both tu and EQ for a single app or CLI, so your experience isn't that unique. That is the one downside to navy, but for their benefits, dealing with HPs is a small price to pay.  But yeah, I sure do wish they'd just use the same HP like other CUs. Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 23
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Navy pulls nothing but TU for me and they pull nothing but EQ for my dad. We live in the same city
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 7 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Maybe its something that flags them in our credit to pull two CRA's.  Or maybe new memberships and apps at one time are getting done like this (1 hp each on TU and EQ).  Just don't know the rhythym to their madness Smiley Happy.  

I'm hoping though that all future CLI's only pull one hp....or none!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 8 of 23
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

My first CLI was a HP, but my second was soft, so there is hope! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

TU to join then EQ for card.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.