cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T SEND GW LETTER - They will close your account!

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: DON'T SEND GW LETTER - They will close your account!

i dont remember the webstie for the occ but you can google something like: file complaint against bank....and find it. there is an online form where you can describe the events and what resolution you want. then you can fax or mail it.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked with Capital One and HSBC - neither seem to have cc's available w.o an annual fee. 

Is it worth sucking it up and paying a $39 AF?  

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to start out that way.  It isn't bad if you need a card.  Once you are estabished and your baddies drop and fico rises, you will get better offers.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I was just approved for an 8.9% CC w/Capital One - has $39 AF but I'll suck it up and work on rebuilding for the next year +

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

A $39 AF isn't bad at all. Alot of CC have AF even the so called "good ones".

The ones you have to watch out for are the low limit cards that tack on so many fees that you max out your card before you ever use it!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

ReflectedClarity, what are the "things" you are disputing?  I mean, that can mean a lot of "things".  Lates?  BK?  Over limit on another card?  Default on a loan?

I just don't see BofA cancelling your card  (especially after paying $1200 in 4 months) for having high 500's - low 600's with no lates on the card, paying early/being current.  And then, you are panicking, looking to see if an HSBC or Cap 1 card will accept you?  

There seems to be a missing piece of this picture.  Something else is going on here that we aren't being told.  Please enlighten us as to why they cancelled your card.  

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 10-27-2008 02:52 AM
Message 17 of 26
pdxuser
Contributor

What is this about acting on the weekend? Do credit reports not update on weekends? What about pulls, do they appear on the weekend?
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pdxuser wrote:
What is this about acting on the weekend? Do credit reports not update on weekends? What about pulls, do they appear on the weekend?

Yes, they update on the weekends. In fact, the majority of my score watch alerts hit on Saturday and Sunday it seems. Pulls are pretty instant for the most part, depending on lender. (National City-applied on Saturday and the pull was done on Monday. That is the only data point I have, since all other's have shown up instantly)
Message 19 of 26
pdxuser
Contributor

So why the rush to act on the weekend?
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.