Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSNB MACYS AU Question

tag
spudbro
Valued Member

DSNB MACYS AU Question

Does anyone know if my girlfried adds me to her DSNB MACYS account if it will backdate on my report with all of her history? I currently have a 709 Equifax score and 680 transunion and I'm trying to get that over 700. My current AAoA is 1 year and her Macy's account is 8 years old and has perfect history. It only has a 100 dollar limit but I figure the age of the account and clean history will help. It will take my AAoA to almost 3 years. Appreciate any help!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: DSNB MACYS AU Backdating Question

Yes the account will show up on your reporta the same same she has in her reports the only diference will be the reponsablility you only will be listed as an AU. Some lenders disregard AUs which is the case of Chase and Bank of America. But yeah it'll help your score if you do that.. Also some score models disregard AUs
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DSNB MACYS AU Question

It should backdate. I doubt that you ll get a 20 point bump- maybe - and there's now way of knowing for sure it will report to all 3 bureaus. It should but since the last names are different - it might not pick up.

May I ask why you want 700 on TU?
More importantly, any reason why DGs cl is still $100 after 8 years?
Message 3 of 14
spudbro
Valued Member

@mnavas wrote:
Yes the account will show up on your reporta the same same she has in her reports the only diference will be the reponsablility you only will be listed as an AU. Some lenders disregard AUs which is the case of Chase and Bank of America. But yeah it'll help your score if you do that.. Also some score models disregard AUs

Thanks for the help! When you say that BofA and Chase disregard AU's do you mean they have internal scoring models that disregard the account from there scoring model?

Message 4 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, Chase does not look at AUs and some say they do not look at store cc's.
Message 5 of 14
spudbro
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
It should backdate. I doubt that you ll get a 20 point bump- maybe - and there's now way of knowing for sure it will report to all 3 bureaus. It should but since the last names are different - it might not pick up.

May I ask why you want 700 on TU?
More importantly, any reason why DGs cl is still $100 after 8 years?

Ya I'm hoping for a 20 point bump between the AU add and a 30 and 60 day late that is almost 2 years old that the lender just deleted.

The reason I am trying to get over 700 is prepping for a mortgage and want me middle score over 700.

She opened the card when she was 20 and literally never uses it anymore nor does she track her credit , request CLI etc. I'm trying to get her to change that!

Message 6 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, you might get a bigger bump with the baddies being deleted. See if she can get a Cli too. Is your util under 10%?
Message 7 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I added my little brother to both the Macy's store and Macy's American Express cards and on TransUnion it only shows when I added him, which is December. I didn't look at other bureaus.

Message 8 of 14
spudbro
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
IMO, you might get a bigger bump with the baddies being deleted. See if she can get a Cli too. Is your util under 10%?

Currently have it at 3%

Message 9 of 14
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Yeah that's right! They have a way to distinguish between AUs and Individual / joint accounts... Your GF can ask Macys to make you a Joint holder they send you a letter in the mail asking you for your personal info...Joint accs have more weight than AUs... But yeah most people are against to do that because of the fact you become responsible of the payments and you can't remove yourself of the account unless you decide to close it
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.