Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSNB - Macys CLI ?

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: DSNB - Macys CLI ?

@Darksyde25 wrote:
You could really ask whenever. I use their chat option every time I want an increase. I opened them in May with a $600 limit. 2 months later asked for an increase to $1500 and was granted. Asked a month after that for $2250 and got that. Asked last month for an increase and was told no so asked again today and went to $4,000! I think it depends on who you chat with. They look at if ur buying things and making monthly payments. I have a balance but it's only 15% of my limit (before the recent increase). She said she'd have to do a credit review but then said "based on my review of your account" that she could grant me the $4,000. So in 6 months went from $600 to $4,000!

Wow that's aweome.  So none of the requested CLI's were HP for you?

They were generous with me too.  I asked in the first 4-6 mos but whether it was by phone or chat box, they told me it would be a HP so I declined each time.  At my 6-mo statement I was surpried to find that I had an auto CLI from 800 ->2500 so I was stoked.  Also I was still paying off xmas so was carrying a balance of about 40% UT on that card i'd say.  Next week is my next 6-mos statement so I'm curious and hopeful!

Good luck to you, too!

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 11 of 39
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

Re: DSNB - Macys CLI ? ***updated***

After reading the forums and others success with Macy's CLI, I made another attempt at a CLI thru chat.... I used the Christmas shopping line.... the rep said they needed to do a credit review... i told them only if its a soft pull, we go back and forth for a bit and asks how much of an increase, I initially opt for $1K.  I ask again, SP? the person responds, it's an HP and provides me with the number to call on how their credit line increases are done.  I say fine, go ahead, but if it's an HP then $2K.  The rep proceed to ask questions about my income and housing situation...blah blah blah....i just knew i was going to be declined since I had been declined a million times before... the rep says your credit limit has been increased to $2K and your available credit is $1993.  (I have a balance of $7).  My account has been opened a little over 3 months.   I hope like heck it wasn't a hard pull, so far no alerts and no signs of a hard pull..... wish me luck!  crossing my fingers...

Happy Holidays and good luck... Macys' is being pretty generous... 

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 12 of 39
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Re: DSNB - Macys CLI ? ***updated***

Just about the same story as above, (with lower amounts) account open three months roughly called for cli, no hard pull, even though they told me it was.

Message 13 of 39
ccuser
Valued Member

I have a Macys store card since 2010 with $1000 CL, which is my lowest limit. Today I asked them for a CLI for the first time ever and two different reps told me they can't do anything without a HP. I said "no, thanks"

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 14 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ccuser wrote:

I have a Macys store card since 2010 with $1000 CL, which is my lowest limit. Today I asked them for a CLI for the first time ever and two different reps told me they can't do anything without a HP. I said "no, thanks"

Do you know if you've been SP'd recently by DSNB/Macy's on your CRs?  This could determine if you'd be elegible for a CLI via SP.

Message 15 of 39
IWOL
Established Contributor

Ive had my Macys card since March of 2013. Its started with a limit of $300. After the 4th statment cut I called in for a CLI and they incresed it to $2000...no hard pull. Then in November I called again and they gave me an increase to $3500, again no hard pull. I decided since it was holiday shopping season I would call and see if I could get another increase yersterday.

They increased me again to $5000. The reps always say during the call...."do we have your permission to check your credit" which makes it sound like a hard pull but mine have always been sp.

The sp may correspond to the fact that everytime I requested an icrease there was a recent AR-Macys soft on my report. The last one was done on 10/25 and I beleive that pull was used for my November and my December increase, since I do not see a new soft pull from December.

One note, I have used the card alot. I have made purcahses every month, averaging around $150 to $300, so in the 10 months I have had the card I have run around $2600 through it and always paid the balance in full.

Message 16 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ccuser wrote:

as others have stated they for some reason are being told they must tell us it's a hp but it seems in 98% of the time they use the credit on file they have pulled which is updated monthly anyway... unless you are about to apply for a mortgage and can't afford the hp because I wouldn't worry about it and apply... i almost gaurantee its a sp.

Message 17 of 39
ccuser
Valued Member

So I called them again and proceeded with the CLI. Asked for $3000, got $1800. Less than I expected, but still an increase. No hard pull.

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 18 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ccuser wrote:

So I called them again and proceeded with the CLI. Asked for $3000, got $1800. Less than I expected, but still an increase. No hard pull.

Nicely done.  A CLI is still a CLI!

Message 19 of 39
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got denied for CLI last week with HP.

Ron.
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.