Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSNB inconsistency vent

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DSNB inconsistency vent

@emily15 wrote:
I thought it was better to have it say closed at consumers request rather than closed by the bank. Idk

It makes no difference in terms of FICO scoring.   Some have suggested it may look better in some circumstances of manual review.  So long as the account is in good standing, I doubt it would make much difference

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 16
mxp114
Valued Contributor

This is industry wide, anytime big changes are coming no one seems to know much about the changes. Including answers to such basic questions. The executive teams should provide more educational tools for reps to reference when asked. So from what I understand for Store accounts with the various extra types but not AmEx, the extra accounts will report as $0 and transferred. The balances and CL will merge into the store account and only that account will report. If you have multiple types but no activity in the last 6-24 months (reps vary on the time), then the acct types will simply close and the CL won't transfer into the store.

Message 12 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@emily15 wrote:
So previously I posted about how i was told on separate occasions by dsnb reps that in August all lines on my macys account were going to be combined.
Fast forward to three days ago..i called bloomingdales to ask if they could move a large purchase from my revolving line to my major purchase line. Rep says since their getting rid of the MP line soon she doesnt know if they can do it.. puts me on hold finally comes back and says it was moved. I asked her if all the lines (i was just approved for a couple weeks ago including the club account) will combine next month she says " they are getting rid of those lines, does that mean all the credit limits will be combined i dont think so" ...

I said "so they just let me open these lines (club account is now reporting 3500) in addition to my revolving only to close them a month later?? how will the report? Closed? Transferred? Deleted??

She had no comment. She literally ignored my question and asked if there was anything else i needed.

Now I'm paranoid about how this will report and the effect/toll it will have On my credit!
Ugh!

Guess ill just have to wait and see. .

No need to be paranoid. Asking a rep like that is like just going outside and asking the heavens. No One knows until it happens. I got my letter and they stated for Macy's on August 10th. my Club and Special events will be closed. Worded. Any balances will be combined with Revolving account. I take it to mean. without a balance Closed. Dead in the water. Ok. Next to follow is macy's itself. Which i will close. Including my Amex version. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 16
Booboo71
Established Contributor

So I have Macys and Bloomies my Macys has a 2100K limit and a club limit of 2.5K.. Does that mean they will combine? Bloomies is just 1.5K no other accounts attached to it. All account opened in March 2012.

Message 14 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I think all lines will be combined. Just few days ago I was shopping at Macy's and had to call in to the credit department to bump my limit. The rep I spoke to did say something significant, "mister I see your current credit limit is $27000" and I was a lil shocked cos my club account only has an $8k limit and the revolving @5k. In the past when I had to call in, they always specify I do have $8k on the club but it was different this time around. So when I did the Math, including my $14k furniture line everything added up to $27k not counting the Amex side. Another data point is the rep stated they couldn't just increase the limit on the club account alone, they would have to increase the entire $27k limit. Now wait for this part, a credit bureau pull will be required for the additional increase. U bet I declined 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

without a balance Closed. Dead in the water. Ok. Next to follow is macy's itself. Which i will close. Including my Amex version. Smiley Frustrated

Taxi, I'm right there with you and will  be closing my Macy's card next wek - albeit for different reasons than those listed here. They keep canceling online orders because their fraud department is on overdrive and I'm tired of spending time dealing with it. Lots of wasted time on the phone trying to get orders reinstated that they shouldn't have canceled in the first place. I'm having a card cutting-up party for my Macy's card next week. You're welcome to join in. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.