Did you mean: 

DSW Credit Card

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: DSW Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

I called it a store card because it's from (has the name) of DSW (a store). What's next, the Kwik-E-Mart Visa! Smiley LOL

Seriously, there are some crazy cards out there. (haven't heard of a Kwik-E-Mart card yet, however) Smiley Happy

The Dubai First Mastercard comes with a diamond embedded in the card. Pretty silly.

a97651_g232_5-dubai.jpg

Now that is absurd!! Smiley LOL

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Odin my EQ is low bc DSW...SHOES BABY. ALL THE SHOES.

Message 12 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Countingpennies wrote:

I was on the DSW site about a week ago, signed into my account, put something in my cart then changed my mind. Just today I got a letter from Comenity denying my application for the card because they couldn't pull my frozen EQ. I never filled out an application.

scary

That was exactly my sentiment when I read that comment. I often place items in my cart and change my mind and would hate for something like that to happen. Especially since I don't have any of my CRs frozen. It would've been a SP right because they didn't have any info other than what s/he has on the DSW account, right?

Message 13 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Countingpennies wrote:

I was on the DSW site about a week ago, signed into my account, put something in my cart then changed my mind. Just today I got a letter from Comenity denying my application for the card because they couldn't pull my frozen EQ. I never filled out an application.

scary

That was exactly my sentiment when I read that comment. I often place items in my cart and change my mind and would hate for something like that to happen. Especially since I don't have any of my CRs frozen. It would've been a SP right because they didn't have any info other than what s/he has on the DSW account, right?

Maybe Comenity is turning the tables: After all the talk about Shopping Cart Tricks here, they are setting up a Shopping Cart Snare Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

I called it a store card because it's from (has the name) of DSW (a store). What's next, the Kwik-E-Mart Visa! Smiley LOL

Seriously, there are some crazy cards out there. (haven't heard of a Kwik-E-Mart card yet, however) Smiley Happy

The Dubai First Mastercard comes with a diamond embedded in the card. Pretty silly.

a97651_g232_5-dubai.jpg

Now that is absurd!! Smiley LOL

Yeah, it's only a WMC....

I would think the diamond would scratch the point of sale card readers?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 19
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Pardon my vernacular, but yes, I know it can be used everywhere. It the Visa Signature on the card didn't tip me off, the fact that you need to spend $500 the first 90days on purchases outside of DSW for the bonus would have. I called it a store card because it's from (has the name) of DSW (a store). What's next, the Kwik-E-Mart Visa! Smiley LOL

We have one. It's at $13K. We also shop at DSW fairly often. Have Premier Status at DSW which gets us $10 for every $100 spent and an extra $10 every Birthday. We also have points banking so they don't expire.

The $13K was after the second four month CLI request.

I too shop at DSW often, which is why I'm intrigued by this card. How do you get Premier status? I've been a DSW member for over 10yrs and get $10 off every birthday, but don't recall every seeing anything indicating that I was Premier. I also get random $10 coupons, I have one after a recent purchase I made a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it's after every $100 I spend because I've never paid attention.

What was your SL? Getting to 13K after just 8mths is impressive, but would hate to get some toy limit as a SL.

Started at $5K. Got $4K each CLI to $13K

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 16 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Makes sense because it's VS, I wasn't thinking. Thanks for responding! I'm on the site right now, and I see in order to be premier you have to spend $600/yr. With new boots and dress shoes to buy this year, I'll come close, but doubt I'll get the full $600.

Message 17 of 19
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Makes sense because it's VS, I wasn't thinking. Thanks for responding! I'm on the site right now, and I see in order to be premier you have to spend $600/yr. With new boots and dress shoes to buy this year, I'll come close, but doubt I'll get the full $600.

That's why you take other people shopping with you. Your card, their cash. Smiley Very Happy

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 18 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

That's why you take other people shopping with you. Your card, their cash. Smiley Very Happy

I was just thinking of taking my Mom shopping for shoes too, but unfortunately, that would be my card AND my cash! Oh well! Do you have to do it every year, or if you make it one year, it's your permanent status? If it's a permanent status, I'd be inclined to eat the additional cost!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.