Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSW Credit Card

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

DSW Credit Card

Much to my surprise, I see that there's a CC for EVERY store now (slight exaggeration). I just received an email to apply for a DSW CC. While I'm not really looking for a store CC, I am intrigued by the 20pts (25pts for premier members) /$1 spent at DSW. Does anyone have this card? 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: DSW Credit Card

Wow, never heard of this card.   Just did the reseach and it is actually a Visa.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

The link they sent me shows it's a VS!  I don't know if this card has been around and I've just never heard of it because I was opted-out, but it's very intriguing. 

Message 3 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Much to my surprise, I see that there's a CC for EVERY store now (slight exaggeration). I just received an email to apply for a DSW CC. While I'm not really looking for a store CC, I am intrigued by the 20pts (25pts for premier members) /$1 spent at DSW. Does anyone have this card? 

Its not a "store" card. Its a Visa, and can be used anywhere. The standards for the Visa's backed by Comenity are more stringent, and require scores at least 680+ They pull EQ exclusively. DSW does not offer a store card version, only the Visa. 

Message 4 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Pardon my vernacular, but yes, I know it can be used everywhere. It the Visa Signature on the card didn't tip me off, the fact that you need to spend $500 the first 90days on purchases outside of DSW for the bonus would have. I called it a store card because it's from (has the name) of DSW (a store). What's next, the Kwik-E-Mart Visa! Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 19
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

Pardon my vernacular, but yes, I know it can be used everywhere. It the Visa Signature on the card didn't tip me off, the fact that you need to spend $500 the first 90days on purchases outside of DSW for the bonus would have. I called it a store card because it's from (has the name) of DSW (a store). What's next, the Kwik-E-Mart Visa! Smiley LOL

We have one. It's at $13K. We also shop at DSW fairly often. Have Premier Status at DSW which gets us $10 for every $100 spent and an extra $10 every Birthday. We also have points banking so they don't expire.

The $13K was after the second four month CLI request.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 6 of 19
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I was on the DSW site about a week ago, signed into my account, put something in my cart then changed my mind. Just today I got a letter from Comenity denying my application for the card because they couldn't pull my frozen EQ. I never filled out an application.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyJEsq wrote:

I called it a store card because it's from (has the name) of DSW (a store). What's next, the Kwik-E-Mart Visa! Smiley LOL

Seriously, there are some crazy cards out there. (haven't heard of a Kwik-E-Mart card yet, however) Smiley Happy

The Dubai First Mastercard comes with a diamond embedded in the card. Pretty silly.

a97651_g232_5-dubai.jpg

Message 8 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Countingpennies wrote:

I was on the DSW site about a week ago, signed into my account, put something in my cart then changed my mind. Just today I got a letter from Comenity denying my application for the card because they couldn't pull my frozen EQ. I never filled out an application.

scary

Message 9 of 19
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

We have one. It's at $13K. We also shop at DSW fairly often. Have Premier Status at DSW which gets us $10 for every $100 spent and an extra $10 every Birthday. We also have points banking so they don't expire.

The $13K was after the second four month CLI request.

I too shop at DSW often, which is why I'm intrigued by this card. How do you get Premier status? I've been a DSW member for over 10yrs and get $10 off every birthday, but don't recall every seeing anything indicating that I was Premier. I also get random $10 coupons, I have one after a recent purchase I made a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it's after every $100 I spend because I've never paid attention.

What was your SL? Getting to 13K after just 8mths is impressive, but would hate to get some toy limit as a SL.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.