Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW FICO 750+ but declined for Kohls CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DW FICO 750+ but declined for Kohls CC

@nc wrote:

I am long time reader and I learned a lot from this forum, thanks for that.

DW is authorize user in my three credit cards and has no credit in her own name but has FICO scores above 750 plus. I thought it would be a nice idea to have at least one credit card in her own name, so she applied for Kohls CC but to our surprise they declined her application. We are still waiting for exact reason. She is a home maker. This was her first credit application. Her all three reports are clean.

I have 6 years of clean credit with utilization under 5%. Household income is over 100K. What should she do?

We are planning to purchase house in next 6 to 9 months.

Thanks,

NC

Just IMO ... they may looking at how she is going to pay if something happen to you and no more household incomes are coming in.

She is not earning any income by her own and doesn't have any cc nor loan under her name.  Just being AU on your ccs and having a good credit score are may not good enough to obtain her own cc with some cccs.  

Message 21 of 22
nc
Contributor

Re: DW FICO 750+ but declined for Kohls CC

May be yes but they asked for Household income not her own income.

Current Score: EQ: 786 (08/23/2012), EX: 802 (08/23/2012), TU: 774 (08/23/2012),

Goal Score: 800+ FICO across the board
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.