cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW going for a walk outside of the garden...

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

DW going for a walk outside of the garden...

Same story as in March, except now it's DW's turn.  She already has a Slate and a Discover IT.

Scores should be in the 670 range across all three, no baddies, no lates ever, high utilization... 65% or so... but nothing maxed out.  (As of 01 May)

She's looking for low interest, or zero interest BT offers.  Sign up bonuses are nice, but are NOT the goal.

I'm thinking of the new Chase FU card, and a second Discover IT.  Still debating Cap Ones Venture, but it doesn't seem to be a great BT card.

Your thoughts?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: DW going for a walk outside of the garden...

@tcbofade wrote:

Same story as in March, except now it's DW's turn.  She already has a Slate and a Discover IT.

Scores should be in the 670 range across all three, no baddies, no lates ever, high utilization... 65% or so... but nothing maxed out.  (As of 01 May)

She's looking for low interest, or zero interest BT offers.  Sign up bonuses are nice, but are NOT the goal.

I'm thinking of the new Chase FU card, and a second Discover IT.  Still debating Cap Ones Venture, but it doesn't seem to be a great BT card.

Your thoughts?

It is REALLY rare for someone to be able to get a second Discover IT, I have only read about it happening once most the time you get a HP and a denial....

I do agree the Venture is not a good BT card as it doesn't offer any 0% BT when opening unlike the VentureOne or Quicksilver

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a Discover, see if they have a BT offee available. They usually have something for you.

Apping with 65% uti will be rough on denials.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took advantage of the Citi DC 18 month interest free on purchase + BT offer. It's not a free BT, but I also didn't call and try to get the fee waived. It also serves as a nice cash back card. Diamond preferred and Simplicity are offering 21 month 0% offers. 

Message 4 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

She has Simplicity, but may apply for the dp.

Qs1 is a good card, but doesn't Venture generally start with a higher cl?
04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.