Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damned DCU

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Damned DCU

DCU 10 years ago was great, now they have become very tight and unresponsive. I tried to get them to lower my APR on my card (22%) but they would not budge. I have had this card since 2003 in good standing.

The SP me about 3 times a year and they give me the FICO; one would think that they would at least do something. I have escalated etc..no result.

But others have had great experience with them.

Message 21 of 24
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

My post was not meant to dimish your grievance with their process. Apologies that it came off that way.

I suppose I can count myself lucky as I have had nothing but good expereinces with DCU from applying through geting a CC and auto loan. Never even been put on hold for an extended period of time.

They are quite a good lender, I would suggest you keep trying, but if you need alternatives, Affinity FCU is very similar to DCU, although loan rates and CC apr's are marginally higher. PenFed is always an option but they are stingy with credit. And State Department FCU is a great CU as well.

But as I said, I would keep pushing to get them to find a way to verify you are indeed alive and of this planet.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 22 of 24
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

DCU 10 years ago was great, now they have become very tight and unresponsive. I tried to get them to lower my APR on my card (22%) but they would not budge. I have had this card since 2003 in good standing.

The SP me about 3 times a year and they give me the FICO; one would think that they would at least do something. I have escalated etc..no result.

But others have had great experience with them.

they have very BASIC requirements to lower your APR on your cards. 675 EQ (practically the same as the score they provide for free) gets you 10.5%, 700 gets you 9.5% and 730 gets you 8.5%. This is for their platinum visa (no rewards). their rewards card rates are slightly higher apr's (about 1%-1.5%) with the same score qualifications. If you ask for a CLI while asking for a APR reduction there's no fee. If you jsut ask for a APR reduction, they said they charge a fee.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 23 of 24
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

My post was not meant to dimish your grievance with their process. Apologies that it came off that way.

I suppose I can count myself lucky as I have had nothing but good expereinces with DCU from applying through geting a CC and auto loan. Never even been put on hold for an extended period of time.

They are quite a good lender, I would suggest you keep trying, but if you need alternatives, Affinity FCU is very similar to DCU, although loan rates and CC apr's are marginally higher. PenFed is always an option but they are stingy with credit. And State Department FCU is a great CU as well.

But as I said, I would keep pushing to get them to find a way to verify you are indeed alive and of this planet.

No worries...I guess I'm more annoyed than I thought...lol! Sorry if I took your post personally...I should know better. Thanks!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.