Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dang Amex is fast at shipping cards

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Dang Amex is fast at shipping cards

I applied for the Amex Hilton HHoners card with no AF on Thursday and got an email this morning around 8:00 AM local time and got a ringer on my doorbell around 10:30 AM from UPS thinking it was a pair of sneakers since that was the only UPS package I knew was coming and behold he had an envelope which happened to be my card. I wasn't a huge fan of Amex before with their card offerings but dang that was fast and wants me to use the card. 3X points base is a pretty neat reward imo considering I don't travel that much but since it has no AF I like the card and with my AA card I will be using these two cards as my daily cards along with my Freedom I guess at Costco shopping in a few months. Didn't know Amex expedited the deliveries of their cards but I figured I would have to wait 3-4 days like my BCE and everyday cards.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
surehit
Regular Contributor

Re: Dang Amex is fast at shipping cards

In my experience the only issuer faster than Amex at shipping cards out is Chase, if you have a JPM card at least. 

AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 2 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Huh. I thought they only expedited the PRG and Platinum cards.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are pretty fast.  For all my business and personal cards, their cards come faaster than Chase.

Message 4 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are pretty fast.  For all my business and personal cards, their cards come faaster than Chase.

I think Cap1 beats Chase Lol....

Every card I have from Amex (4) has been 2 day service 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With Chase, with an exception of a few cards from JPM which come in two days, they rest do take forever. My ritz card came quickly and my other half Palladium was overnighted to him.

Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With Chase, with an exception of a few cards from JPM which come in two days, they rest do take forever. My ritz card came quickly and my other half Palladium was overnighted to him.

Well I never...Lol

(3) and all 5-7 days 

What you gone do....just keep checking the mail....got this one day no card tho Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I never...Lol

(3) and all 5-7 days 

What you gone do....just keep checking the mail....got this one day no card tho Lol

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
someg33k
Established Contributor

Was approved for PRG and BCP this past week and both were at my door 2 days after approval. I didnt ask for special shipping either.

Approved for Chase Disney Premier with 15K limit and got the standard message of couple weeks for shipment or whatever. I called and asked to have the card sooner as I wanted to use it this weekend. Super friendly CSR lady was like sure no problem. Chase had it in my hands in 2 days, no charge to me.

Approved for Cap1 Venture on the same day as the above (mini spree). I was shocked that the card was in my mailbox today. Only took them 6 days which has not been my typical experience with Cap1. Im used to seeing closer to two weeks.

Message 9 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Huh. I thought they only expedited the PRG and Platinum cards.

I never asked for it but I was happy lol. Already spent $500 on it for the $750 spend for the 40,000 point bonus. Maybe perhaps because I already have 2 cards with them?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.