Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dang it.... I need to garden, but so hard

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Dang it.... I need to garden, but so hard

I know how you feel bro ....we in the same boat but you need to stay your butt from Garden for at least 6 months......Don't tryna apps for everything and you would regret it with all those toys limit.....
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 22
LesWH
Established Contributor

First, I don't want or need anymore cards, Second, the way that I have learned to deal with the "itch" is soft pull increases.  That is just as gratifying and it doesn't hurt your gardening!  I'm in the garden for a while and I plan to stay there!! LOL!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 12 of 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Head over to the garden, plenty of support there as well!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Gardening is th best way to go!!!! It is very hard though!! Just grow the limits you have!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 22
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

+ 1 ... satisfy your itch with growing your existing accounts via soft pulls Smiley Wink

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 15 of 22
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Eventually you"ll start getting denied after so many approvals all in a small period of time. (Not to sound harsh) but that Is what got me to stop apping and get my butt into gardening. After so many approvals I started getting the denials and that just killed me. Smiley Sad im content with my cards now.
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 16 of 22
MYBEST
New Contributor

Catacam you are not alone, I am in the garden now but I had to learn the hard way most recent that if I ever want to get the "2k-5k instant approvals " like Repo-ed said that I have to STAY in the garden... it's for the better good in the end. Good luck and stay positive Smiley Happy
EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 17 of 22
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Ok, I have committed to the garden! Excited to see that seedling grow!!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 22
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

With your scores, I wouldn't app for anything.  Not until at 680.  You're just hurting yourself.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 19 of 22
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

You've got to flip your thinking.  Do not think of all the cards you won't be able to have if you garden think about the one you will get if you do.

What is your dream card and with what limit?  Once you figure this out research through the forum what you need to get to that card, and start your work. 

Maybe its the AMEX BCP, or the CSP. Both require low inquires (less then 4 in 2 years typically). In order to get either of these cards you will need high credit limits (over 5 K) on premium cards.  Take a look at your file and see how you can get to there approval levels, and make that work take place of achieve new credit.

As they say ideals hands...........

Best wishes. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.