Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dang it!

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Dang it!

Just applied for the Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Visa and got the "we are reviewing your application and you will receive a written notice within 30 days as required by law" response. 

That sucks if I get declined.  I was just approved two weeks ago for the AMEX Gold Delta SM card 2k CL.  I don't have any other credit cards and the Chase is the only other card I have applied for.

Anyone have experience with this card?
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dang it!

Don't fret. Chase approvals are rarely instant. Call them in 7-10 days.
Message 2 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Thank you Tuscani.  I will do that.
Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that message when I applied for my Chase card and was just waiting to get the denial reason.  Was pleasantly surprised a little over a week later with a card in the mail.
Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got declined with 624 EX pull but they also pulled TU  and seen that my disputes had not gone thru
otherwise I probably would have been approved.
Message 5 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

HouseHunter wrote:
I got that message when I applied for my Chase card and was just waiting to get the denial reason.  Was pleasantly surprised a little over a week later with a card in the mail.

Thanks HH.  I will hope for the best.

Message 6 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Tmleverage wrote:
I got declined with 624 EX pull but they also pulled TU  and seen that my disputes had not gone thru

EX-647
TU-682

When I applied.
Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:

Tmleverage wrote:

EX-647
TU-682

When I applied.

You are fine I would suppose, my TU was 585 and 4 days later went to 615...
Bad timing on my part...
Message 8 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Tmleverage wrote:

SpecFile wrote:

Tmleverage wrote:

EX-647
TU-682

When I applied.

You are fine I would suppose, my TU was 585 and 4 days later went to 615...
Bad timing on my part...

Thanks for the response Tm.
Message 9 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Well, it's been 7 days for this app so I thought I would call.  I got the automated message that said I would be informed by mail of their decision within 30 days.  Same thing that I was told when I applied.  Doesn't look good.  Turned down by WaMu, maybe Chase, and maybe Hooters now.  I did get the AMEX Gold Sky Miles instant approval. 
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.