Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dang it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dang it!

SpecFile wrote:
Yes I have a tax lien from 2001 that's been paid and released.  That's it.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-05-2007 08:30 AM

Don't think I know anyone else that is that clean. I have had a tax lien since 1996 from a bad business deal that I just got taken care of last year. Now I have to wait for seven (6 more) years for it to fall off. It's been there so long, I think I will miss it when it finally goes.Smiley Sad
Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on your card!  I felt the same way when I applied for my Chase card.  I got the 30 day notice, but received the card in two weeks with a $4200K CL.

But I can't get a credit line increase.  I have used the card and max out twice and paid in full twice.

No increase.

Nicole
Message 32 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

sleigh17 wrote:

SpecFile wrote:
Yes I have a tax lien from 2001 that's been paid and released.  That's it.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-05-2007 08:30 AM

Don't think I know anyone else that is that clean. I have had a tax lien since 1996 from a bad business deal that I just got taken care of last year. Now I have to wait for seven (6 more) years for it to fall off. It's been there so long, I think I will miss it when it finally goes.Smiley Sad

Well, we are in the same boat.  It took me 6 years to pay off my 2001 lien and it was PIF and released in Jan. of 2007.  So like you, I still get to have my little friend with me for the next 7 years as well. 

Not really worried about it though.  Atleast it shows released.  It won't stop me from buying a home or car so I don't mind if my little buddy tags along for the next 7. lol
Message 33 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

ragcajun wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Congrats on your card!  I felt the same way when I applied for my Chase card.  I got the 30 day notice, but received the card in two weeks with a $4200K CL.

But I can't get a credit line increase.  I have used the card and max out twice and paid in full twice.

No increase.

Nicole

That stinks Nicole!  I don't get CLIs????  It's like there is so much red tape to go through.  My DW has a card from BofA that she got in 2001 with a 2k CL.  She has never asked for a CLI and that card has a 12,100 CL as of yesterday.  Can you believe that? 
Message 34 of 42
kiki2
Valued Member

I am trying not to let my pessimistic side get the best of me but it has now been over a week since
I was approved for the Amex, WHERE IS IT?  Certainly not in the mailbox, I have checked there at least 3 times a day which is kind of senseless since the mail carrier only delivers once.  So in between mailbox checks I check my e-mail for a message from B.O.A., I honestly think they do this intentionally, JUST DECLINE ME ALREADY, PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!  I imagine an underpaid CSR sitting at their desk laughing and showing their buddies my app and saying "Can you believe this girl applied?"  "Let's string her out a little bit longer before we hit the "you are not worthy of us" button"

Seriously, I can easily see how someone could get carried away with credit applications.  When I received the dreaded 30 day review notice from B.O.A., I immediately went to HSBC and applied for a credit card and there it was......that ever so comforting response.....Congratulations, You have been approved!  Of course once I read the credit line they were offering I questioned myself for taking the inquiry hit ($300 HELLO!  What can I do with that?) 

So there it is, I am graying, wrinkling, and wearing down my carpet by the day (which by the way the $300 from HSBC will not be enough to pay for the replacement)  for what I ask?  An opportunity to pay at least 13% interest on an item I probably do not need.................., YES!, ............after all it is the American Dream.
Message 35 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

You are about the funniest person I have seen online.  You will get it if you have already been approved.  You did receive an approval notification didn't you?
Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happykiki you are hilarious!!!

Have you met the NWM? You both have strange senses of humor...lol

But ah yes, the credit dance.  Like me logging into Penfed about 8 times a day trying to see if I could see the aproved or denied status.  Trying to see if I could catch site of my new credit card amoungst my new saving/checkings/and loan account.  Ah the dance of the 'Hurry up and wait' credit response.
Message 37 of 42
kiki2
Valued Member

Oh yea I got the INSTANT APPROVAL (you should see the smug look on my face now)!  But honestly what is the point?  I mean my carpet will be worn to the slab in another day or two!  I could easily trip over the scraggly mess and hit my head on the computer, and with my luck on the way down accidently hit the keyboard and inadvertantly apply for a Platinum Discover card or something and the last thing I will ever see is the....."You are not worthy message". 

Ok, maybe that is just a bit over the top, maybe it is just a simple case of my mail carrier seeking revenge for the christmas gift I never gave her.  Yes.....it all makes sense now......
Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a lot of shopping to do kiki?  LOL
Message 39 of 42
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

kiki2 wrote:
 I could easily trip over the scraggly mess and hit my head on the computer, and with my luck on the way down accidently hit the keyboard and inadvertantly apply for a Platinum Discover card or something and the last thing I will ever see is the....."You are not worthy message". 

You need to be in Hollywood at a comedy club.  You're an absolute riot.  Actually laughed out loud.Smiley Very Happy
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.