Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dang itchy app finger - NavChek

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang itchy app finger - NavChek

App'd for NavCheck from NFCU. We opened our about 2 weeks ago. We set up savings, checking, and CC (nRewards Visa). Since they hit both our TU and EQ for it already, I've heard they use the same pull for a 30 day period (hope that's true). Decided to take the plunge and ask for the NavChek. We would've done it at the time of our original app, but didn't want to be greedy. App is under review and a decision should be made within 24 hours. If they do a new inquiry, I really hope it isn't wasted. I'm considering refinancing my car through them, and I figured the status of whether they would approve the NavChek and what rate they give us would tell me a bit more about what they'd do for an auto loan.

Agh... I hate it when it isn't instant!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dang itchy app finger - NavChek

Crap, just tried to log in and can't access our account. Says a condition exists where they need to talk to us. App status says withdrawn "at your request". I'm guessing it's one of those "need more information" things. I'm hoping, anyway. Navy really knows how to stress me out!

Edit: Wife spoke with someone. She had to leave a voicemail for someone. The question of our eligibility got raised YET AGAIN. I swear everytime we have to do anything with Navy, they question our eligibility. It's very annoying. I've got stuff being charged to my card and a check out that is supposed to be deposited tomorrow. They better let that thing go through. Navy customer service is great and their products are awesome, but their underwriters or eligibility nazi's are killing me!

For anyone who didn't follow previously, we went through a lot of hoops to become a member. Everything was cool at first (eligible because MIL is eligible but wasn't a member). In the end, MIL ended up joining and that supposedly took care of it. But here we are again.

Message 2 of 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

I gotten that message before, and there is some good news and some bad news. Going with the bad news first. This is just my guess, but I believe your account has been referred to NFCU's security dept. This is where they may ask you to provide docs or other info to verify your membership eligibility. Good news is you should be able to go about your business in a few days after you take care of this. Hope everything works out ok and please keep us updated.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on the phone now. It is flagged by security. Thing is, we sent in all documents last week and this was straightened out! Sent in MIL's birth certif, DoD badge, marriage license, wife's birth certif, SSN card, license, our marriage license, my license and SSN card. This should be already taken care of.

Edit: So, apparently, the lady in the security department who verified everything and released the hold didn't make any notes, just released the hold. They transferred me to her voicemail. She's out of the office until 7/11. The rep said she just needs to release the hold again and notate the eligibility has been verified. AGHGHGHFGIHUSDLKij sooo frustrated.

Edit 2: Wife went ahead and re-faxed everything. Should be fixed tomorrow. Hopefully this rep will either keep the documents or make the proper notes so we don't have to go through this ever again. I will say, even with my frustration (I kept my cool, of course), the CSR I spoke to was nothing but nice, apologetic, and genuinely compassionate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.