Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date U.S. Bank Reports to CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date U.S. Bank Reports to CRA?

Can anybody tell what date they report to the CRA's?  I called them and all I could get was that the staement date changes each month.  Last month was the first month I had it and I had it paid in full by the statement date and it still reported the balance I had before I PIF.  Is it the last day of the month like HSBC or last Business day of the month?  Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
emoticon
Valued Member

Re: Date U.S. Bank Reports to CRA?

Mine reports the balance due about a week after the statemnt date.  For example, if my statement is issued on the October 27, my credit report shows the info on about November 4.  All my other cards report either the same day or a day afterwards. In my two-year experience with U.S. Bank, they've been slow to reflect payments made and report to the CRAs.

*US Bank Signature Visa $25,000; *Chase Flexible Rewards Visa Signature $20,000; *BOA Accelerated Rewards AMEX $17,500; *Citi Platinum Select MC $13,000; *Discover More $12,000; *PenFed Visa Gold $10,000; *Home Depot $2,200
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm.  My statement showed a $2.00 balance and my credit report said $225.00 which is what I paid them about 4 days before the statement cut.  They said the statement will cut on the 3rd this month so I'll see what they report this time.  Thank you for responding.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anybody tell what date they report to the CRA's?  I called them and all I could get was that the staement date changes each month.  Last month was the first month I had it and I had it paid in full by the statement date and it still reported the balance I had before I PIF.  Is it the last day of the month like HSBC or last Business day of the month?  Thanks for your help

I don't have a USBank card (wish I did!) but my recollection is that yes, they do report the last day (or last business day) of the month like HSBC.

I think there's a few threads here where folks have discussed it......a search might help.

I did have an HSBC card and had a dickens of a time figuring them out - I think I learned their reporting ways from these threads as well.  Once I knew what was going on, I could manage the account properly, but it took me a few months to figure out what was going on.  No help from the CSR's there, either. 

At any rate, I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is yes - USBank reports the last (business) day of the month.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, I missed it again.  Oh well, I'll try to get it paid in full before the last business day of the month next month.  Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 16
IOBA
Senior Contributor

With most of my cc's I have a billing cycle and a statement cycle.

With one of them, the billing cycle ends on the 19th (payment due by) and the statement cycle ends the 24th (when the interest will show up on the statement and there is a definite start of a new cycle).   For my cards to report the lower balance, I make sure they are paid BEFORE the billing cycle ends.  I always give them a few days to accept/to record the payment before the billing cycle ends.

Hope that helps!

Message 6 of 16
IOBA
Senior Contributor

PS - for a while there, some cc's were reporting weekly to the CRA (like Discover card was if you had a balance).

Message 7 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

With most of my cc's I have a billing cycle and a statement cycle.

With one of them, the billing cycle ends on the 19th (payment due by) and the statement cycle ends the 24th (when the interest will show up on the statement and there is a definite start of a new cycle).   For my cards to report the lower balance, I make sure they are paid BEFORE the billing cycle ends.  I always give them a few days to accept/to record the payment before the billing cycle ends.

Hope that helps!

I think referring to your due date as a billing cycle is confusing and just wrong.   And in most cases, the balance at the end of the statement cycle is reported, rather than the balance due at the due date.   

Message 8 of 16
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Not trying to confuse anyone.  Smiley Happy

Call it what you want....if my payment is due the 19th, it's due the 19th.  If it's paid the 20th, it's late.   That statement will continue to show new charges up until the statement cycle ends on the 24th.  Any charges made on the 25th will show on a new statement.

If I want the cc to report a zero balance, I make sure the balance is paid off BEFORE the payment is due (on that card, several days before the 19th so there is time for the payment to be accepted and to record).    And I try not to make charges in the in between time of the 19th and the 24th.

Message 9 of 16
Gotons
Regular Contributor

My US Bank secured card always reports on the first of each month and my statement was cut on the 21st.  Over the last few months, my statement date has varied between the 21st, 22nd,  and 23rd and has always reported on the first.  I had a 0 balance until midnight tonight when $7 was charged to my account and it reported the $7, so go figure.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.