Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date for SM nerfing?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Date for SM nerfing?

I've been reading about the Sallie Mae M/C being nerfed soon..when do you think this will happen? And since the 5% gas/groceries will probably be gone, what would be a good replacement card? Basically for both categories.
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Date for SM nerfing?

That is pure rumor and speculation from all of the pessimists. If it ever happens it will happen when the issuer makes an announcement, no sooner, no later. Until then continue enjoying life and please ask a mod to lock your thread.

Message 2 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:
I've been reading about the Sallie Mae M/C being nerfed soon..when do you think this will happen? And since the 5% gas/groceries will probably be gone, what would be a good replacement card? Basically for both categories.

I had heard (from my friend's wife's brother's neighbor, who used to live in Delaware where Barclays US is headquartered, that it will be nerfed Ocr 29, and become just 1%

And on the same day, Citi Double Cash will be nerfed in a nasty way.   No rewards, and anything you charge gets doubled, so if you charge $10 you will be billed $20.  Their lawyers say that this should be no surprise with the card name, and if consumers get confused, well, that's ok.

Message 3 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

I had heard (from my friend's wife's brother's neighbor, who used to live in Delaware where Barclays US is headquartered, that it will be nerfed Ocr 29, and become just 1%

And on the same day, Citi Double Cash will be nerfed in a nasty way.   No rewards, and anything you charge gets doubled, so if you charge $10 you will be billed $20.  Their lawyers say that this should be no surprise with the card name, and if consumers get confused, well, that's ok.

The moon has aligned with Jupiter.

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 10
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Hahaha
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 5 of 10
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Sallie Mae is throwing in our direction!

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 6 of 10
bengalikejenga
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

@LMAO well put @longtimelurkerSmiley Very Happy

Ex681 Tu694 EQ708
Message 7 of 10
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I just found out, Sallie Mae just changed their design only

AHHHH  MAKE IT GO AWAY!

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Good one! Thanks for the chuckle!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

There is no nerfing planned at this time, as there have already been 2 major threads on this and there is no new news concerning this card this thread is locked. I thank you for understanding on this.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.