Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of Reporting to CRA...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Date of Reporting to CRA...

I know when all of my cards report each month to my CR. If they report on the 1st though it sometimes doesn't show up on my report until a few days later, yet it still shows the 1st as the report date.

My Orchard Bank card though is confusing me. It always reports on the 30th it seems. Then last month I put a large charge on the card on the 3rd, knowing that it wouldn't show up as usage if I paid it off before the 30th. Surprisingly to me though they updated my card on the 30th and then a few days later updated it on the 3rd showing my large purchase.

Anyone know what could cause that? Do they report on a certain date or not?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Date of Reporting to CRA...

@KeithW wrote:

I know when all of my cards report each month to my CR. If they report on the 1st though it sometimes doesn't show up on my report until a few days later, yet it still shows the 1st as the report date.

My Orchard Bank card though is confusing me. It always reports on the 30th it seems. Then last month I put a large charge on the card on the 3rd, knowing that it wouldn't show up as usage if I paid it off before the 30th. Surprisingly to me though they updated my card on the 30th and then a few days later updated it on the 3rd showing my large purchase.

Anyone know what could cause that? Do they report on a certain date or not?

Could be something to do with how many days in the month that is changing your statement closing date.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Re: Date of Reporting to CRA...

It has surely reported already this month, though it isn't showing up yet. I plan to put a large purchase on it tonight. If the date changes to where it shows this purchase I am going to pull my hair out. lol

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.