Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dave Ramsey and Perkstreet Financial

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Dave Ramsey and Perkstreet Financial

2% cash back on everything and 5% bonus in popular categories.  This is one of the reasons I have always used my credit cards instead of debit because I wanted better perks... but wow at a quick skim this looks pretty good!

Anyone use them already and know anything else about them, do they offer other products?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dave Ramsey and Perkstreet Financial

Are you going to app for this one?

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

no, at this point with all my money going to paying debt off, just about the only charging I'm doing is for food and I get 2 points on zync for that.

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is a debit card with very good rewards.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a little late, but I thought I would add to this.

I opened a PerkStreet acct in November and will be finishing off my transition in the next couple weeks.  The 2% cash back is pretty nice... so far, I've received two $25 Visa Gift Cards as cash back bonuses just in the first two months.  

It appears they only have checking for now, but since the cash back on the debit card matches my BEST credit cash back ever, it's an easy decision.  

Their customer service is open 24 hours and personally, I just ask them general questions on their Facebook page and they respond fairly quickly.  I would recommend it to anyone tired of the credit card game. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a little late, but I thought I would add to this.

I opened a PerkStreet acct in November and will be finishing off my transition in the next couple weeks.  The 2% cash back is pretty nice... so far, I've received two $25 Visa Gift Cards as cash back bonuses just in the first two months.  

It appears they only have checking for now, but since the cash back on the debit card matches my BEST credit cash back ever, it's an easy decision.  

Their customer service is open 24 hours and personally, I just ask them general questions on their Facebook page and they respond fairly quickly.  I would recommend it to anyone tired of the credit card game. Smiley Happy

I applied a few months back and was denied. Nothing on my Chex report. They didn't say why they denied me and it looks like a LOT of people are saying this on the web too so it's not just me.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no.  I have not heard anything like that.  The only source of info I ever see for PerkStreet is from their Facebook wall, and I haven't really seen anything like that.  What other places do you use that you are seeing posts that people are being denied?

That reminds me of a couple years ago when I got excited about ING's Orange Checking (or whatever they call it) and declined me on the spot.  I felt like I was punched. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many were denied according to http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/963989/?start=40 and I was one of them. They are a scam! The company has less than 9 employees. I found some suspicious activity on my credit report a month after I applied. Their call center is run by a third party company thats why they can't tell u why they denied you. There were no baddy on my CR or Chex, very few inqs so no reason to deny. I think I'm gonna stick w/ paypal 1% cashback debit card bc that's the closest to credit card rewards. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.