cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 112
111 REPLIES 111
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay closed my account...

I just found out yesterday that Barclays closed my apple Visa card after 3 months. I tried to recon but with no avail. Too many recent open account and too many hard inquiries. I just made a payment of 500 and was never late. 

Message 1 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclay closed my account...

@Booboo71 wrote:

I just found out yesterday that Barclays closed my apple Visa card after 3 months. I tried to recon but with no avail. Too many recent open account and too many hard inquiries. I just made a payment of 500 and was never late. 

How many INQ's have you had since opening and when was the last time you used it?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

@Booboo71 wrote:

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.Smiley Happy

How many INQ's have you had since opening and when was the last time you used it?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I took advantage of the balance offer with 15 months 0%at the end of October. I had a 1700 credit line and used 1350 for the balance transfer. I just made a 469.00 payment that posted and they closed it the next day. Inquires?? I'm embarrassed to say 12 since opening with them and getting some new cards afterwards.

Message 5 of 112
bribro
Valued Contributor

Anecdotally, these account closures seem to really be ramping up. I am never getting a Barclay's card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 112
AAstra
Regular Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

I opened a Apple Visa with them in June and will make my last payment of $100 in April. After that I planned on going on an app spree. I am wondering what others have to say about your post because I don't want to lose my card when I app in April.

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 7 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Honestly I was to aggressive app'ing. But still I didn't do anything wrong with the card like miss a payment or do minimum payments. It just sucks it's Christmas and I would have liked to use this card at the apple store for a small gift.

Message 8 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

I took advantage of the balance offer with 15 months 0%at the end of October. I had a 1700 credit line and used 1350 for the balance transfer. I just made a 469.00 payment that posted and they closed it the next day. Inquires?? I'm embarrassed to say 12 since opening with them and getting some new cards afterwards.

We don't see as many closings as we use to earlier in the year

Honestly sorry it happened to you but 12 new accounts after a barclay approval 3 months ago with a lender know to be INQ sensitive was pushing it

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I know that now with them, I didn't know that prior. They trusted giving me a credit card but then pull the plug on me after 3 months . I'm somewhat baffled and upset by it. 

Message 10 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.