cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Barclay has been hit or miss on this with most people... I opened an Apple Visa and then proceeded to open about 8 more cards and lease a new car but not before shopping around for purchases and other leases probably ringing up about 30 INQ's and Barclay didn't do anything.

My partner got a Barclay Business card and after 4 or 5 months they CLD almost $10k because of new accounts and increased balances... I wouldn't worry about it to much... as long as you have some other good cards, just take care of them and move on with less frantic banks!

Message 11 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Time to cut the card and dispose of it. Anyone thinking of getting one of their cards PLEASE for the love of GOD do not attempt to app for anything for awhile. They watch you like a hawk.

Message 12 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Thank you. 

Message 13 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Another thing also will this show up as closed my credit grantor on my credit report and if so is my fico score going to nose dive? I'm worried about this also.

Message 14 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Booboo71 wrote:

Another thing also will this show up as closed my credit grantor on my credit report and if so is my fico score going to nose dive? I'm worried about this also.

Closed by credit grantor will not cause your score to drop.  If you still have a bal and the CL is now reported as closed, that will cause your score to drop. 

Message 15 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

Closed by credit grantor will not cause your score to drop.  If you still have a bal and the CL is now reported as closed, that will cause your score to drop. 

+1 correct 

You would see no effect unless a balance is still on account if so pay ASAP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

I have a 900 dollars balance. I took the offer in October for a balance transfer. I just made a payment for 469.00 towards it. They told me I would still receive mail on the card to pay it off which I will. 

Message 17 of 112
Booboo71
Established Contributor

This is just horrible I wish I never would have app'd 

Message 18 of 112
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

I have a 900 dollars balance. I took the offer in October for a balance transfer. I just made a payment for 469.00 towards it. They told me I would still receive mail on the card to pay it off which I will. 

In fico eyes this will cause a ding this month but fico has no memory so if paid off next month you'll be fine 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 112
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Booboo71 wrote:

So they are not going to report your CL as closed?

Message 20 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.