Reply
Regular Contributor
Booboo71
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.:smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
Booboo71
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Re: Barclay closed my account...

I just found out yesterday that Barclays closed my apple Visa card after 3 months. I tried to recon but with no avail. Too many recent open account and too many hard inquiries. I just made a payment of 500 and was never late. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclay closed my account...


Booboo71 wrote:

I just found out yesterday that Barclays closed my apple Visa card after 3 months. I tried to recon but with no avail. Too many recent open account and too many hard inquiries. I just made a payment of 500 and was never late. 


How many INQ's have you had since opening and when was the last time you used it?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


Booboo71 wrote:

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.:smileyhappy:


How many INQ's have you had since opening and when was the last time you used it?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
Booboo71
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

I took advantage of the balance offer with 15 months 0%at the end of October. I had a 1700 credit line and used 1350 for the balance transfer. I just made a 469.00 payment that posted and they closed it the next day. Inquires?? I'm embarrassed to say 12 since opening with them and getting some new cards afterwards.

Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Anecdotally, these account closures seem to really be ramping up. I am never getting a Barclay's card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
New Contributor
dbutz1109
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎11-12-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


Booboo71 wrote:

After a solid whole 3 months with my Barclays apple Visa card , I find out online that they closed it!  Never late and made large payments for 3 months. When I called they told me it was because of the inquires and open accounts I have established after opening with them.. Had I known that I would have not app'd. I am also new to the board and this is my 1st post. I'm rebuilding my credit after being foolish in the past. Any thoughts or insights, please.:smileyhappy:


I opened a Apple Visa with them in June and will make my last payment of $100 in April. After that I planned on going on an app spree. I am wondering what others have to say about your post because I don't want to lose my card when I app in April.


FICO - TU: 752 | EQ: 745 | EX: 734
FAKO - EX: 722 | TU: 723
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $7k | Amex BCE: $7k | Amex Corporate: NPSL | Discover it: $5.5k | Sears MasterCard: $3k | Barclays Visa Financing (Apple): $2k
Started Gardening: 03/05/2014 | In the Garden 'til: 03/05/2016 | Goal: 750 across the board, all inquires off my CRs
Regular Contributor
Booboo71
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Honestly I was to aggressive app'ing. But still I didn't do anything wrong with the card like miss a payment or do minimum payments. It just sucks it's Christmas and I would have liked to use this card at the apple store for a small gift.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


Booboo71 wrote:

I took advantage of the balance offer with 15 months 0%at the end of October. I had a 1700 credit line and used 1350 for the balance transfer. I just made a 469.00 payment that posted and they closed it the next day. Inquires?? I'm embarrassed to say 12 since opening with them and getting some new cards afterwards.


We don't see as many closings as we use to earlier in the year

Honestly sorry it happened to you but 12 new accounts after a barclay approval 3 months ago with a lender know to be INQ sensitive was pushing it

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
Booboo71
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

I know that now with them, I didn't know that prior. They trusted giving me a credit card but then pull the plug on me after 3 months . I'm somewhat baffled and upset by it. 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}