Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 535
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


myjourney wrote:

Booboo71 wrote:

Where do I sign up?


http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-December-2013/td-p/2622315

Tell them Lexie and MJ sent you and they will do the rest ....Ha ha ha ha 


Okay! Thank you

 

Established Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎11-14-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.

Established Contributor
Posts: 864
Registered: ‎10-11-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


thecheese wrote:

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.


How big was your spree?

 photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo HNY2HNY2.png
$6500 ............ $5400 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $4500 ............ $4250 ............ $3000
In the Garden until at least November 2015.
Established Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎11-14-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

[ Edited ]

chwebb1 wrote:

thecheese wrote:

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.


How big was your spree?


On Monday I app'ed for 6 cards, and I was approved for 5 (Barclay Arrival AF, Amex BCP, Cash+, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Quicksilver was denied) . I have 3 existing cards, the newest of which was opened 3+ years ago. My overall CL is now 40600. Looking at my 3-in1 report from EIDT I pulled today, I have 4 inqueries on equifax, 3 on experian, and 2 on TU from the spree (Barclay's pulled TU when applying and my last HP on TU was Jan 2012 for an auto lease).

Established Contributor
Posts: 864
Registered: ‎10-11-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


thecheese wrote:

chwebb1 wrote:

thecheese wrote:

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.


How big was your spree?


On Monday I app'ed for 6 cards, and I was approved for 5 (Barclay Arrival AF, Amex BCP, Cash+, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Quicksilver was denied) . I have 3 existing cards, the newest of which was opened 3+ years ago. My overall CL is now 40600. Looking at my 3-in1 report from EIDT I pulled today, I have 4 inqueries on equifax, 3 on experian, and 2 on TU (Barclay's pulled TU when applying and my last HP on TU was Jan 2012 for an auto lease).


That is quite a few. I'd lay low for a while. Be sure to not allow a lot of UTIL to report, too.

 photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo HNY2HNY2.png
$6500 ............ $5400 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $4500 ............ $4250 ............ $3000
In the Garden until at least November 2015.
Established Member
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎11-14-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


chwebb1 wrote:

thecheese wrote:

chwebb1 wrote:

thecheese wrote:

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.


How big was your spree?


On Monday I app'ed for 6 cards, and I was approved for 5 (Barclay Arrival AF, Amex BCP, Cash+, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Quicksilver was denied) . I have 3 existing cards, the newest of which was opened 3+ years ago. My overall CL is now 40600. Looking at my 3-in1 report from EIDT I pulled today, I have 4 inqueries on equifax, 3 on experian, and 2 on TU (Barclay's pulled TU when applying and my last HP on TU was Jan 2012 for an auto lease).


That is quite a few. I'd lay low for a while. Be sure to not allow a lot of UTIL to report, too.


It has certainly been my plan to lay low and not app anymore for some time. My only agenda in all this was to thicken my credit profile and gain some good rewards in the process. I suppose my only real concern now is making one large purchase on it after just aquiring the card.

Valued Member
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎12-01-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Wanted to clarify

 

Did you have 12 new inquires or 12 new accounts 3 months later?

If you barclays was ?1900 how much additional credit from the 12 inq/accts did you get?

 

Now im worried I opened 3 accts in 1 month since I got my barclays... :-/

Start: 11/2013
FICO 08 Scores: EX 637 EQ 609 TU 649


Current: 4/2015
FICO 08: EX 648 EQ 647 TU - 661
Established Contributor
Posts: 948
Registered: ‎12-05-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

Are there even 12 major credit card companies? Something doesnt add up, plz clarify.

Discover IT $12,500 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $11,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Established Contributor
Posts: 864
Registered: ‎10-11-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.


Fico2Go wrote:
Are there even 12 major credit card companies? Something doesnt add up, plz clarify.



Probably close to it. Discover, Amex, Citi, Chase, Barclays, US Bank, Cap1, (so that's 7) and I'm sure regional banks offer credit cards too.

 photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo HNY2HNY2.png
$6500 ............ $5400 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $5000 ............ $4500 ............ $4250 ............ $3000
In the Garden until at least November 2015.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

sorry to hear op...but yes, barclays is very sensitive to new account and inquiries...especially in the first 6 months of obtaining your barclays card



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.