cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

@myjourney wrote:

@Booboo71 wrote:

Where do I sign up?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-December-2013/td-p/2622315

Tell them Lexie and MJ sent you and they will do the rest ....Ha ha ha ha 

Okay! Thank you

Message 91 of 112
thecheese
Established Member

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.

Message 92 of 112
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@thecheese wrote:

Ugh, I planned on using my Barclay Arrival for my everyday card for stuff that didn't fit into Chase Freedom, Discover IT, or Cash+ categories since it's 2%+ cash back. I also wanted to put 1 large purchase on it for the holidays (which I can afford with cash in hand) to get the 40K bonus points. Now I'm all paranoid that they'll shut me down because I went on my one and only app spree (they approved me the same day as the others) AND make 1 large purchase during the holidays. Anyone think this will be a problem for them? I certainly don't plan on doing anymore apps for another year or more and don't have/want month-to-month balances on the other cards.

How big was your spree?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 93 of 112
thecheese
Established Member

@chwebb1 wrote:

@thecheese wrote:

How big was your spree?

On Monday I app'ed for 6 cards, and I was approved for 5 (Barclay Arrival AF, Amex BCP, Cash+, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Quicksilver was denied) . I have 3 existing cards, the newest of which was opened 3+ years ago. My overall CL is now 40600. Looking at my 3-in1 report from EIDT I pulled today, I have 4 inqueries on equifax, 3 on experian, and 2 on TU from the spree (Barclay's pulled TU when applying and my last HP on TU was Jan 2012 for an auto lease).

Message 94 of 112
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@thecheese wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@thecheese wrote:

How big was your spree?

On Monday I app'ed for 6 cards, and I was approved for 5 (Barclay Arrival AF, Amex BCP, Cash+, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Quicksilver was denied) . I have 3 existing cards, the newest of which was opened 3+ years ago. My overall CL is now 40600. Looking at my 3-in1 report from EIDT I pulled today, I have 4 inqueries on equifax, 3 on experian, and 2 on TU (Barclay's pulled TU when applying and my last HP on TU was Jan 2012 for an auto lease).

That is quite a few. I'd lay low for a while. Be sure to not allow a lot of UTIL to report, too.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
Message 95 of 112
thecheese
Established Member

@chwebb1 wrote:

@thecheese wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@thecheese wrote:

How big was your spree?

On Monday I app'ed for 6 cards, and I was approved for 5 (Barclay Arrival AF, Amex BCP, Cash+, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Quicksilver was denied) . I have 3 existing cards, the newest of which was opened 3+ years ago. My overall CL is now 40600. Looking at my 3-in1 report from EIDT I pulled today, I have 4 inqueries on equifax, 3 on experian, and 2 on TU (Barclay's pulled TU when applying and my last HP on TU was Jan 2012 for an auto lease).

That is quite a few. I'd lay low for a while. Be sure to not allow a lot of UTIL to report, too.

It has certainly been my plan to lay low and not app anymore for some time. My only agenda in all this was to thicken my credit profile and gain some good rewards in the process. I suppose my only real concern now is making one large purchase on it after just aquiring the card.

Message 96 of 112
tli
Valued Member

Wanted to clarify

Did you have 12 new inquires or 12 new accounts 3 months later?

If you barclays was ?1900 how much additional credit from the 12 inq/accts did you get?

Now im worried I opened 3 accts in 1 month since I got my barclays... :-/

FICO 08 Scores Dec15: EX 644 EQ 641 TU 651
Message 97 of 112
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Are there even 12 major credit card companies? Something doesnt add up, plz clarify.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 98 of 112
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:
Are there even 12 major credit card companies? Something doesnt add up, plz clarify.

Probably close to it. Discover, Amex, Citi, Chase, Barclays, US Bank, Cap1, (so that's 7) and I'm sure regional banks offer credit cards too.

Message 99 of 112
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

sorry to hear op...but yes, barclays is very sensitive to new account and inquiries...especially in the first 6 months of obtaining your barclays card

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 100 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.