Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

i would just lay low with inqs and apps within the next 6-8 months at least...bring down barclays blood pressure a bit :smileyhappy: lmao...i wouldn't sweat it too much even if barclays sees that you went on an app spree :smileyhappy: it's what you do now until the dust settles IMHO is what matters...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Regular Contributor
colinstu

Re: Dear Barfclays oh why oh why did you close my account.

I applied for a card from barclays in May. Since then I've apped and received cards from Discover in June and Amex in August. I also know (or I'm pretty sure I did) receive a a HP when I tried getting a CLI from Discover, and possibly one from Citi when I was getting a CLI around that time. 

I'm going to be in the garden for awhile (1-2yrs)... want the Freedom card next. I'm curious when Barclays stops caring about new accounts being opened. I also requested to get a CLI from Barclays and got $500... so they must not totally hate me. 

TU FICO 8/14 743 | EQ FICO 6/13 724 | EX FICO 8/14 739 | CS FAKO 10/14 751 | CARS (Chase) 8/14 749
Chase Freedom $4,000 | Chase Amazon Rewards $3,500 | Citi DoubleCash $3,300 | Amex BCE $3,200 | Citi Forward $2,500 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Discover IT $1,300 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,250
Want: SallieMae WMC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}