cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Wells Fargo, I do not appreciate my money being flying in the limbo being just cute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Wells Fargo, I do not appreciate my money being flying in the limbo being just cute

I was "promised" an unsecure credit card upgrade after 12 months. I was also told that my collateral/deposit will be stored in a interest bearing account. Neither was true.

Now, 12 months later (4 days before my 13th billing cycle closing date), I am still running on a secured card. I have called them and asked about that and I only get a: "When you're ready, you'll be receiving a mail".

I'm upset because:

1) All my liquid assets are in Wells Fargo.

2) I'm okay paying $18.00 annual fee for one year in return of a credit history (I payed already for my second year and I will be okay with that as long as they do not delay my upgrade any longer).

3) I already got an unsecured CC from Discover.

4) A friend, in the exact same credit/banking situation as me, was OFFERED a credit card from WF (we both moved in to the US the same period of time, earn the same and bank with WF).

5) I don't like my money to be being just cute, what I mean by this is that, I could either spend it and get 1% back or, put it on a CD. Either is better than being there, in the banking limbo.

Don't get me wrong, other than that, Wells Fargo is not such an awful bank, but I still wanted to ask y'all, what can I do in order to be actually upgraded to a unsecured credit card sooner?

I do have a decent credit score, no "baddies" at all. Besides, in several of my statements, they stated that a score of 660 was good enough to be upgraded.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Re: Dear Wells Fargo, I do not appreciate my money being flying in the limbo being just cute

hey sorry to tell you, but at no point do any of their written promotional materials or application state that you are promised an unsecured card. i'm sure the quoted the word promise for a reason. the key word they use is "may." you may be unsecured after 12 months. there is no absolute consistency with the large mega banks. you can try using a backdoor number.
Message 2 of 3
tobey
Contributor

Re: Dear Wells Fargo, I do not appreciate my money being flying in the limbo being just cute

You need to give it a few more weeks. When their system determines your account is eligible, they'll let you know. Also, they make it very clear on the first page of the card agreement that the collateral account is non interest bearing. Who told you that it was?

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.