Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Death of Sallie Mae

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Death of Sallie Mae

How are you guys redeeming your rewards? I'm getting an error on the reward screen. Tried calling the phone system and customer representative and it's not working.

Message 331 of 376
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Had to go through the desktop site. It wouldn't work on mobile or through the app for me
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 332 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting an error via desktop website as well...sadness I have $5K+ rewards lol

2017-03-01_10-35-10.png

Message 333 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did mobile app
Message 334 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did mobile app

Error as well

Message 335 of 376
newhis
Valued Contributor

I had the error earlier, I think they were changing the system, then I was able to redeem the rewards. 

I guess they are fixing the error now.

Message 336 of 376
Bman70
Established Contributor

Seems they've converted any leftover Sallie Mae rewards to cash at a 1 to 1 ratio?? So if you had 1000 points you now have $1000 instead of $10 which it would have bene under Sallie Mae. 

Anyone redeem this extra cash and have it actually credit? Not sure I would do that since it's obviously a mistake. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 337 of 376
Bman70
Established Contributor

Over on reddit some people are redeeming $11k and $17k statement credits. Lol 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 338 of 376
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

My cashback is a "mere" $2,360 but I don't have the nerve to try to redeem it. Some of you guys like to live dangerously. OTOH since I never plan to use the crap replacement card, it wouldn't matter except for util purposes if they closed my account, but I wouldn't want even to play around with committing fraud even if it is their own fault.

How could they bungle such a simple thing? It doesn't seem like they're in any hurry to fix it, either.

Message 339 of 376
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Not touching mine until they fix it, though I was tempted to withdraw the correct amount (but feared they would even screw up the adjustment if I did that).

Message 340 of 376
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.