Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Death of Sallie Mae

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Death of Sallie Mae

Early today the displayed card was Sallie Mae, now it shows Commence card.

Now they show the correct earning %

Now the card is just MasterCard and not World MasterCard, right?

Message 341 of 376
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Just looked at mine.  It still shows the incorrect amount of rewards, but does show the new card.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 342 of 376
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I believe they rounded the reward points to the nearest whole dollar. I have 2 accounts and one, lost 25 points and the other gained 32 points. Both are now even dollar amounts. Or they are just both wrong, and in limbo for a few days ?

Message 343 of 376
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

I believe they rounded the reward points to the nearest whole dollar. I have 2 accounts and one, lost 25 points and the other gained 32 points. Both are now even dollar amounts. Or they are just both wrong, and in limbo for a few days ?

Mine's also corrected now, but rounded up to the next dollar. I'll wait a day or two to see if that's where it stays before I redeem it, then am done with Barclays and it's feeble new card.

Farewell, sweet Sallie.

Message 344 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadness, Barclay corrected the website. Hats off for those who were able to bank $5,000+ from this human error.

Message 345 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah! Went to the Barclays website and brought up the new Barclay Commence (excitement and drum rolls please). Went to rewards and every link worked and everything on my profile worked! So.o.o ... I took a chance and processed a direct deposit to my bank and zeroed my Commence Rewards Account. It went through and shows in the redemption as in process. Aww ... the pause that refreshes. Afraid they might loose my $50 cash rewards. Fingers crossed. Actually the new Barclay Commence website is state of the art unlike the old Sallie Mae. To bad the rewards aren't equal to the website. Oh well ... life goes on (maybe) Smiley Happy An add ... the Terms & Conditions that applied to my account as a Barclay Sallie Mae remained (APR, Revolving Flexible Credit Line and World Mastercard Benefits). Update, used the Barclays Commence Card site and ordered cash rewards paid to my deposit account of choice yesterday Thursday, March 2, 2017 for the $50 I earned - the money was deposited into my bank today Friday, March 3, 2017.

Message 346 of 376
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sadness, Barclay corrected the website. Hats off for those who were able to bank $5,000+ from this human error.

Did anyone's redemption actually process though?

Message 347 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting on mine, kdm
Message 348 of 376
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if anybody was successful in banking 100x more cashback than they actually earned. You can bet, though, if anybody did manage to slip those sums into their bank account, Barclays will claw the money back ASAP. Those who've pulled the cash out to avoid a clawback might find themselves charged with fraud or at the very least sued. So be careful out there.

Banks are like governments, especially like the IRS. When THEY make a human error you can expect them to come after you for taking advantage of it.

Besides, all you who tried for the 100x redemption knew you were taking advantage, didn't you?

Message 349 of 376
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it. Idc. I know it probably won't go through. I didn't do it to cheat I did it to see what'd happen. If they don't catch it then idk what but it's not a big deal either. I took screen prints of everything because it's actually kind of funny.
Message 350 of 376
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.