Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt free at last!

tag
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Debt free at last!

<big>

Well I went into the Spring approx. $20,000 in debt and made a vow to be debt free by Fall, simply by paying weekly, highest rate first, beating up the banks for better apr's, and actually got a cli along the way. Between Friday and Saturday biz was awesome, and cash was King, with the last $2400 owed to GE money bank going out today. This should boost scores slightly, available credit is $37,500, scores to follow!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Debt free at last!

That's awesome! Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

That must be a fantastic feeling! I hope to join you in a few years.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd go on a shopping spree to celebrate  if I were you  :/

Message 4 of 12
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

I plan to do some shopping during the upcoming tax free holiday in August, with cash.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. My wife and I actually just made a debt free in 1 year plan. It is alot but I think it is doable. We are counting car loans, student loans, credit cards, etc. We dont have a mortgage currently so we hope by this time next year to owe no one. It has to be a good feeling. Then we will try to buy a house.

Message 6 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, clipperskipper!!!! Great Job!!!!!!

Message 7 of 12
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! I know that feeling and it's a good one.

Just be sure not to make the same mistake twice.

Uncle Money

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 8 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

eeRe: Debt free at last!

Well done - feels good does it not?  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 12
poet
Regular Contributor

Re: eeRe: Debt free at last!

Congratulations, indeed! GEMB is evil. I won't be truly debt-free for years (student loans), but I will be divested of all those evil little store cards shortly. I'm so excited!!!

Now start socking away that cash that was disappearing each month!!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.