Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to posting in MYFICO Forums but I have been lurking around for a while looking at stories and experiences of people on how they have managed credit . 

My credit history goes 2 years back when I got a secured card (as a student) from WF. But I never ever used that secured card and ultimately closed it in beginning of 2013 . I was illiterate on how to use a credit card and always looked to use either debit card or cash.

After I graduated and had a job , I had get to car , but I needed a loan since I didnt have enough money . I didnt know even there was a credit score for having that unused secured card for about 6 months. When I went to CU's , I found that I indeed had one and it was around 740ish . Then I started learning everything about credit cards through this great forum . I got a car loan from a dealership at  high rate (8 %) , thanks to my thin file. Then I applied for my first credit card through my CU , then applied to discover (got approved) , applied to Cap1QS (got rejected) , Got another card from CU which financed the car loan thru dealership and finally got Walmart TU last month .

I looked at my Credit Karma report and my was score was around 664. I ordered credit reports through annual credit report and  found TU had 14 inquiries (10 of them thanks to Auto Loan) , EQ  had 8 inquiries and EX had 10 inquiries .

So my Goal here is to garden from December 2014 to November 2016 (All my credit inq. drop) , before I start applying for anymore cards . Also planning on getting new or preowned car in 2017 , till that I would be driving a $6K used car (hopefully no expenses) . In the next two years , I am looking to improve my credit score and achieve the targets mentioned in my signature . I would be looking for CLI's only through soft pull over next two years. 

Best wishes to everyone on their mission towards glory !!!

Welcome to the forums AND to the garden!  If you would like a seedling image added to your signature just ask and we can assist with that. Feel free to check out page one, as there is quite a bit of detail there about gardening. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Yes . I would like to receive the seedling badge in my signature . I had PM'ed "09Lexie" regarding that yesterday , he was affirmative about that and hopefully it would be added soon . Thanks  

You're all set. 

Thanks a lot Lexie !!!

Message 201 of 1,375
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to posting in MYFICO Forums but I have been lurking around for a while looking at stories and experiences of people on how they have managed credit . 

My credit history goes 2 years back when I got a secured card (as a student) from WF. But I never ever used that secured card and ultimately closed it in beginning of 2013 . I was illiterate on how to use a credit card and always looked to use either debit card or cash.

After I graduated and had a job , I had get to car , but I needed a loan since I didnt have enough money . I didnt know even there was a credit score for having that unused secured card for about 6 months. When I went to CU's , I found that I indeed had one and it was around 740ish . Then I started learning everything about credit cards through this great forum . I got a car loan from a dealership at  high rate (8 %) , thanks to my thin file. Then I applied for my first credit card through my CU , then applied to discover (got approved) , applied to Cap1QS (got rejected) , Got another card from CU which financed the car loan thru dealership and finally got Walmart TU last month .

I looked at my Credit Karma report and my was score was around 664. I ordered credit reports through annual credit report and  found TU had 14 inquiries (10 of them thanks to Auto Loan) , EQ  had 8 inquiries and EX had 10 inquiries .

So my Goal here is to garden from December 2014 to November 2016 (All my credit inq. drop) , before I start applying for anymore cards . Also planning on getting new or preowned car in 2017 , till that I would be driving a $6K used car (hopefully no expenses) . In the next two years , I am looking to improve my credit score and achieve the targets mentioned in my signature . I would be looking for CLI's only through soft pull over next two years. 

Best wishes to everyone on their mission towards glory !!!

Welcome to the forums AND to the garden!  If you would like a seedling image added to your signature just ask and we can assist with that. Feel free to check out page one, as there is quite a bit of detail there about gardening. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Yes . I would like to receive the seedling badge in my signature . I had PM'ed "09Lexie" regarding that yesterday , he was affirmative about that and hopefully it would be added soon . Thanks  

You're all set. 

Thanks a lot Lexie !!!

FYI 09Lexie is a SHE!  Smiley Wink

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 202 of 1,375
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Well, called the reporting division and was told if you add AU it is a HP.. not sure who to talk to now..
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 203 of 1,375
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Dispute those inquries. Unless AMEX proves that they are legit they should be removed.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 204 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@TheGardner wrote:
Well, called the reporting division and was told if you add AU it is a HP.. not sure who to talk to now..

That's nonsense as far as I know.

Message 205 of 1,375
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

That's what I thought as well. Now I have to try again as the CSR cancelled the AU additions. Let's hope it's not more HPs will let you know.

I will attempt to dispute via EX as Kostya suggested,  but I highly doubt they will be removed. 

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 206 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@TheGardner wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

That's what I thought as well. Now I have to try again as the CSR cancelled the AU additions. Let's hope it's not more HPs will let you know.

I will attempt to dispute via EX as Kostya suggested,  but I highly doubt they will be removed. 

Worth a shot. You can always file a claim with the CFPB is that doesn't work. At least it will get someone to look at your account who isn't a frontline CSR.

Message 207 of 1,375
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

About 3 weeks after requesting a CLI from Amex and 2 weeks after sending in 1st 4506-t form and a day after sending in 2nd 4506-t form, I was finally approved.

That's it for me for cc's.  No more app's, no more CLI requests.  Total count, 10 cards with $224k limit.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 208 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@techiegirl wrote:

About 3 weeks after requesting a CLI from Amex and 2 weeks after sending in 1st 4506-t form and a day after sending in 2nd 4506-t form, I was finally approved.

That's it for me for cc's.  No more app's, no more CLI requests.  Total count, 10 cards with $224k limit.

Congrats on your CLI and all your progress!

Message 209 of 1,375
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

I'm sliding back into the garden.  My last credit line - BOA August 2014.   Smiley Happy  Just stopping by to check in.

Happy Holidays to all and Happy Gardening!

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 210 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.