Did you mean: 

December 2014 - Garden Thread

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Surprised My US Bank Ace card they send me checks all the time to use how ever I want 3.9% for 6 months.. Today I got checks again and almost shredded them Wow 0% until June 2016 I might have to read my offers a little closer moving forward.

18 months at 0%??? They must really love you over there Cold!

Smiley Indifferent They gave me $8500 In CLIs and I pay in full they want me in debt! Smiley Sad

edit: 3% per transaction so really not free but not bad with a current card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 471 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Surprised My US Bank Ace card they send me checks all the time to use how ever I want 3.9% for 6 months.. Today I got checks again and almost shredded them Wow 0% until June 2016 I might have to read my offers a little closer moving forward.

Smiley Indifferent They gave me $8500 In CLIs and I pay in full they want me in debt! Smiley Sad

Sure sounds like it. They are doing their best to get you to spend some money!

Message 472 of 1,375
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Frustrated Sounds like something Wade would put them up to doing now that he has a Cash+ card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 473 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Frustrated Sounds like something Wade would put them up to doing now that he has a Cash+ card.

Yes it certainly does! Smiley Very Happy

Message 474 of 1,375
NYCguy37
Valued Member

Checking in for my one month in the Garden. Debating to leave the Garden in January to backdate an Amex Smiley Wink

Message 475 of 1,375
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

You could always just send them to me.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 476 of 1,375
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

I called them today also asking for a goodwill over the phone, and the Guy was very rude and basically said they couldn't honor that.  He did however give me the address to mail a goodwill letter in. He finally stated that mailing the letter is worth a shot.  I have a settle for less actt.   Please let me know how yours turn out. 

Message 477 of 1,375
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Holiday season and lots of travel booking: I'm going to see multiple cards post balance this month.

But before they do, I hope I can squeeze in a couple of CLIs. 

First success: Citi, the Dividend raised from 3.2k to 4.5k, not bad for almost no usage over the past six months, except one BT and a couple of rental car reservations last quarter.

Next stop is Cap One QS, except I'm not very hopeful with them. They'll sure find a way to weasel out of a CLI.

Message 478 of 1,375
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Everyone is doing so well. Congrats on the houses and refi'd cars. All are inspiration. In Jan 2015, all reports clean except for my new credit. Will go for an Amex cli that month (instead of dec), and not the full 3x, want some room for other cards,
Signature needs updating
Message 479 of 1,375
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Gardeners,

Checking in for more midnight gardening.   I'm expecting to hear back from Cap One this week regarding my GW letter for the settled CO.   Maybe they'll shock me and say "yes" to removal.  Smiley Surprised  I won't bet the farm on removal, but I'm sure at some point, they'll get sick of hearing from me about it (and maybe then, they'll remove).    

Comenity sites appear to be down ATM, so I guess I won't be trying for CLIs tonight.   Heheh.   Sadly, the next CLI attempt that I'm due for is the 91 day attempt at AMEX on 1/31.   TBH, I don't think my profile has improved any.   Perhaps I can at least try to optimize (more zero balances) and then pull the CLI trigger.  We'll see.

I would like to do some pruning at some point next year, but it largely depends on what new CCs I'll pick up.   The plan is still to garden until the CO and the BK are off all CRs.  I'm also debating if I should accept a Walmart MC upgrade if it were ever offered.   if I got back in with Discover, it would make Wally fairly useless to me, since the main features I like about Wally are the cashover and the TU score (and Discover has both).   I don't use special financing at Wally, although I could probably use PayPal Credit on the website if I wanted special financing (and on a hidden TL).   Wally is SDed for now.    So we'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well in the Garden!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 480 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.