Not applicable

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

:-) Good to know Mongs!
Message 541 of 1,375
BUN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
BUN this storm is crazy! Southwest let everyone change their flights for free as long as we leave within the next 14 days. Was supposed to leave for TN today but changed it to the 24th so now I get to see my family for Christmas at no extra charge yay! Smiley Very Happy

In credit news im soooooo close to hitting my first goal of 700 across all three Smiley Happy Apparently the secret to getting 3B monitoring to work is to cancel and not pay for it O.o now Ive got alerts coming nonstop. Another alert came through as im typing lol

Everyone is afraid to drive in it, so the roads are so clear...bizarre!! Gotta go pick up the LO! So glad you see your folks for X=mas, my Dad is from TN! 

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 542 of 1,375
BUN
Established Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@BUN wrote:
Good morning GC! Just lowering the utilization and trying to stay dry. The drought is getting some much needed rain here in NorCal! It's just so needed up here. In credit news just waiting for these big payments to post. Thank goodness all of the presents are already bought for DS! EQ Gods please raise my score!

Hey Bun. Stay safe up there. I know the rain is supposed to get pretty crazy, although you are definitely right that we need it. Grats on making those payments too, keep on chipping away!

Thanks NG, you deserve to be a Community Leader. You always have something smart and encouraging to say! Smiley Happy

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 543 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@BUN wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@BUN wrote:
Good morning GC! Just lowering the utilization and trying to stay dry. The drought is getting some much needed rain here in NorCal! It's just so needed up here. In credit news just waiting for these big payments to post. Thank goodness all of the presents are already bought for DS! EQ Gods please raise my score!

Hey Bun. Stay safe up there. I know the rain is supposed to get pretty crazy, although you are definitely right that we need it. Grats on making those payments too, keep on chipping away!

Thanks NG, you deserve to be a Community Leader. You always have something smart and encouraging to say! Smiley Happy

See that Cold??? Smiley Very Happy

Haha, thanks Bun. I try on the encouraging part, not so sure about the smart though Smiley Tongue

This time of year is expensive, for sure. Looking at presents myself now... Geez. LOL.

Message 544 of 1,375
_sidhe_
Regular Contributor

I'm still in the garden, but I may be booted out before too much longer and through no desire of my own to do so. I was in a rear ended on the interstate on Monday (traffic was stopped and the guy behind me plowed into the back of my car), and as of right now, the damages to the car are at $10,000.00. Smiley Indifferent They are replacing everything with geniune Nissan parts, but I don't know at what point they'll total it. I have gap insurance, so I'm not worried about that. I just don't want to have to mess around with buying another car. I hate shopping for cars! Smiley Tongue So far as I know, they're just replacing everything and haven't mentioned the possiblity for calling it a total loss.

So, I may or may not be back to a seedling in the near future. I think I'm more upset about that than anything else, because I've managed to keep from apping from a new card since August. Smiley Tongue

But, what can you do?

Message 545 of 1,375
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@_sidhe_ wrote:

I'm still in the garden, but I may be booted out before too much longer and through no desire of my own to do so. I was in a rear ended on the interstate on Monday (traffic was stopped and the guy behind me plowed into the back of my car), and as of right now, the damages to the car are at $10,000.00. Smiley Indifferent They are replacing everything with geniune Nissan parts, but I don't know at what point they'll total it. I have gap insurance, so I'm not worried about that. I just don't want to have to mess around with buying another car. I hate shopping for cars! Smiley Tongue So far as I know, they're just replacing everything and haven't mentioned the possiblity for calling it a total loss.

So, I may or may not be back to a seedling in the near future. I think I'm more upset about that than anything else, because I've managed to keep from apping from a new card since August. Smiley Tongue

But, what can you do?

Sounds like the car is in bad shape!  I hope you are ok.  I hate car shopping too Smiley Sad  I'm sorry this happened to you.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 546 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@_sidhe_ wrote:

But, what can you do?

Sorry to hear about that, that's a real pain to deal with. Glad you were as prepared as you could be though. Think of it this way... due to your gardening and diligence you are better prepared and able to deal with this situation.

Message 547 of 1,375
starry1
Valued Contributor

Hey everybody, just checking in for the day.  

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 548 of 1,375
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Checking in for the day.  I'm 9 days into my Gardening return.   I haven't received my Overstock card yet.   What's also interesting is that my purchase hasn't posted to my Overstock CC account yet.  It reflects against my available credit, however.   

With Christmas shopping, I think a lot of my CCs will be posting balances this month.   All under 10% UTIL at least, but too many balances!  Oh well.   I guess I can correct this in January.   Hope everyone is doing well in the Garden!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 549 of 1,375
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Checking in for the day.  I'm 9 days into my Gardening return.   I haven't received my Overstock card yet.   What's also interesting is that my purchase hasn't posted to my Overstock CC account yet.  It reflects against my available credit, however.   

With Christmas shopping, I think a lot of my CCs will be posting balances this month.   All under 10% UTIL at least, but too many balances!  Oh well.   I guess I can correct this in January.   Hope everyone is doing well in the Garden!

We're in a similar boat.  I will have more balances reporting than usual this month also.  That's exactly why I app'ed now for the US Airways and BJ's cards, before my balances get updated to the bureaus.  Everything will get paid down again in January, but it looks a little messy each December for me.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 550 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.