Did you mean: 

December 2014 - Garden Thread

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Afternoon GC! Think I might hold off on applying for Arrival. Travel perks would be nice but rather focus on trying to get soft pull CLI's and reduced APR's between now and late next year. Let what I have grow and stop beating on my AAoA with inquiries and new accounts Smiley LOL I'll see how I'm feeling around Februaryish. Stay strong!

Hey HF. I know what you mean, it's hard. I would love to go for the Ritz offer out there, but I know I shouldn't. Hang in there!

Increased CLs and lower APRs are always a good thing too Smiley Happy

Yeah, I'm itching for the Amazon Visa.  My AAoA is still 2.1 months on two reports (longer on eq, don't know how much).  Wait till silver, and see how I feel in January.  If I go for Discover later, don't see the need for freedom, like the 2% dining (and can still use to transfer UR's) plus other perks this card offers.  I do a LOT of shopping via amazon, and when get Sallie Mae later, will complement quite nicely,  help me with some Benadryl SOMEONE, PLEASE!!

Signature needs updating
Message 821 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Afternoon GC! Think I might hold off on applying for Arrival. Travel perks would be nice but rather focus on trying to get soft pull CLI's and reduced APR's between now and late next year. Let what I have grow and stop beating on my AAoA with inquiries and new accounts Smiley LOL I'll see how I'm feeling around Februaryish. Stay strong!

Hey HF. I know what you mean, it's hard. I would love to go for the Ritz offer out there, but I know I shouldn't. Hang in there!

Hey NewGuy Smiley Happy I sat and thought about this last night. Even made a pro and con list like is it honestly worth it at this point? I'm still new to all this so patience is probably best in the long run. Plus I'm not really certain I wont end up with a low limit at this point which would kind of defeat the purpose. At least 4k would be ideal. APR isnt that big of a deal but reading about someone getting a $600 limit on Arrival+ was like what the............Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, I know the feeling. But hey, sitting and doing the list is a great idea. Whatever works, right? And as you alluded to, it might be better to hold on so you get a bigger CL and better APR. You know what's best for you.

Yeesh, on an Arrival + would hurt. Some cards, especially cards like the Quicksilver One or starter cards, 600 is great, but not an everyday card.

Especially not an everyday card I intend to use primarily for international travel! Where am I going for under $600? lol How would I get there by row boat? Smiley LOL The Ritz offer looks nice if you can make good use of the card but you know whats best Smiley Happy Hang in there too!

I hear you, probablly aren't even going to get e decent row boat for 6 bills Smiley Happy

Message 822 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I'm itching for the Amazon Visa.  My AAoA is still 2.1 months on two reports (longer on eq, don't know how much).  Wait till silver, and see how I feel in January.  If I go for Discover later, don't see the need for freedom, like the 2% dining (and can still use to transfer UR's) plus other perks this card offers.  I do a LOT of shopping via amazon, and when get Sallie Mae later, will complement quite nicely,  help me with some Benadryl SOMEONE, PLEASE!!

Itch cream all around!

Message 823 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Dumps Benadryl over Imperfectfutures head*** Keep it together soldier! Smiley Tongue Seemed to be one of my uncles favorite lines of encouragement when I was younger. Usually worked

Message 824 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

***Dumps Benadryl over Imperfectfutures head*** Keep it together soldier! Smiley Tongue Seemed to be one of my uncles favorite lines of encouragement when I was younger. Usually worked

Benadryl over the head, LOL. That oughta do it Smiley Happy

Message 825 of 1,375
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like that saying.  Must spend more time remembering it than staring at sign up page with reviews! Smiley Surprised

Thanks, General.Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 826 of 1,375
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Goodevenig, I'm checking in and wanted to share my good news!  I got approved for the Chase Freedom card 3,000 CL.  Its small compared to a lot of you guys but I'm stoked!  My Experian Score is a 678, so I'm guessing they used that one, the others are lower.   So is there anything else I should apply for or should I just Chill out?

Message 827 of 1,375
uswala
Senior Contributor

@tendertan wrote:

Goodevenig, I'm checking in and wanted to share my good news!  I got approved for the Chase Freedom card 3,000 CL.  Its small compared to a lot of you guys but I'm stoked!  My Experian Score is a 678, so I'm guessing they used that one, the others are lower.   So is there anything else I should apply for or should I just Chill out?

COngrats on the approval!

Message 828 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@tendertan wrote:

Congrats on your approval. The freedom is a nice card :-) Up to you if there are other things that you want to apply for that would benefit you. Nothing wrong with waiting things out either.

Message 829 of 1,375
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Hi everyone! I really missed myfico forums and especially this garden. I've been through a lot in my credit journey and 2014 is a rocky road for me.

2015 will be an all hands on deck repair my scores year. It's been really rough. I'm looking forward to getting back on track.

Is Tinu still here?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 830 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.