Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2014 - Garden Thread

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

@LS2982 wrote:
Hi everyone! I really missed myfico forums and especially this garden. I've been through a lot in my credit journey and 2014 is a rocky road for me.

2015 will be an all hands on deck repair my scores year. It's been really rough. I'm looking forward to getting back on track.

Is Tinu still here?

Glad to have a friendly face check back in.  By now you've heard Tinu is gone and sorely missed.  

We will always be here to help get you back on track. Smiley Wink

Message 841 of 1,375
uswala
Senior Contributor

My TU score dropped 30 pts with new accounts reporting. All the more reason to stay in garden.

Message 842 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I'm out of the garden in 6 months, I'm setting my eyes on the Citi DC and maybe the Freedom (to hopefully get catagories differing from my Discover IT). Is the US Bank Cash+ still the best food card? (Fast Food/Restaurant) I know that they dropped the 5% from restaurants to 2% but It still seems good for the 5% fast food. The 5% Department Stores catagory also seems nice( wonder if it applys to online purchases .) Does anyone think I could get approved for this with a $12,000 income? My scores are all in the 700s.

Message 843 of 1,375
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:
Hi everyone! I really missed myfico forums and especially this garden. I've been through a lot in my credit journey and 2014 is a rocky road for me.

2015 will be an all hands on deck repair my scores year. It's been really rough. I'm looking forward to getting back on track.

Is Tinu still here?

Wow... Long time no see LS2982!   That's a bummer to hear regarding 2014 Smiley Sad  And, 2015 is just around the corner and I have no doubt you'll be able to get things back on track!

Message 844 of 1,375
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Is Tinu still here?

Welcome back.  Sorry to hear about the rough 2014. The last thing I remember reading was that you cut your cards and truly was hoping you would come back everything settled but I guess everything takes a lot of time in credit... but 2015 is another year and do not give up... come and join us here anyhow ..just do not read the app approvals and the credit card section  - stick to your plan and you will get there - All the best !

Message 845 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tendertan wrote:
Well I'm officially through apping, and shall let my cards age and grow. I did go an app for Chase Amazon Visa and got the letter thingy, so that completely exhausted me, so I call the quits. Always been terrified of getting denied and with a hard pull. I only applied because I got approved the Chase Freedom. Well I would love to get a seedling added. I'm definitely through. I will continue to learn and read up on this credit journey, I plan on growing a garden yall! Seedling please!

Welcome to the garden! As an established member, you should have the ability to add html to your signature, and thus can add your own seedlings. Congrats!

Message 846 of 1,375
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Today I realized that I have lost a few inquiries.  To my big surprise the Citi pull from the AA card that I recently PCd also disappeared from EQ even though it was not due to fall off for a while. Wonder if this is the trick to remove inq by just PC the card..lol...jkd.. I am now on all Chase inquiries with EQ and in a month also EX will only have Chase pulls.... that really does look akward but too bad that Chase used two different ways to pull so it is First USA and Chase on EX and still looks like 2 lenders Smiley Sad

Instead of my Gold spade I jumped the fence and accepted a US Bank offer with the plan to PC next year to the Cash+ but the outcome is unclear. So back to seedling and no big deal if US Bank does not want me. I am happy with my cards and should garden anyhow and not thinking of apping.  Smiley Happy

Message 847 of 1,375
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I'm out of the garden in 6 months, I'm setting my eyes on the Citi DC and maybe the Freedom (to hopefully get catagories differing from my Discover IT). Is the US Bank Cash+ still the best food card? (Fast Food/Restaurant) I know that they dropped the 5% from restaurants to 2% but It still seems good for the 5% fast food. The 5% Department Stores catagory also seems nice( wonder if it applys to online purchases .) Does anyone think I could get approved for this with a $12,000 income? My scores are all in the 700s.

When asking about approvals you should ask in the approvals thread! Smiley Indifferent The GC is about not applying.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 848 of 1,375
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Good morning GC! I'm a little under the weather the last couple days so wont be around much. 

It maybe black lung from all the coal I've been wrapping!  Smiley Indifferent

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 849 of 1,375
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Cleared to close on my house!!!!!!!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 850 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.