@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Hello everyone.

Hi.

What's going on Nixon?

Just irresponsible apping, Lol.

You? Smiley Happy

Nothin, just reading about your irresponsible apping, LOL.

Congrats on your Ritz card.

Thanks Smiley Happy It still has yet to show up on my Chase online account Smiley Indifferent

Message 871 of 1,375
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

Good morning all!  Checking in for another day and it feels good.  i can't wait to app for a mortgage next year!

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 872 of 1,375
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

Good morning all!  Checking in for another day and it feels good.  i can't wait to app for a mortgage next year!

good luck!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 873 of 1,375
RA26
New Contributor

Checking in and still gardening. 

Only been to a couple places christmas shopping so I haven't gotten the asking if I have their card and if I want to apply for one, when I tell them I don't. I know this weekend will be harder because there's a few places that I'm going that I want the card. My thing is I normally don't have time so hopefully I won't be too tempted. Lots of different things going on causing my credit score to become confused which is another reason why I know I have to wait. 

17 days down from the offical date of my gardening.Only 163 days to go! I can do this. 

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 874 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All! 

Little background, just started rebuilding after recklass decisions and poor understanding of consequences (see scores in sig) Cards in wallet are Cap One - $300 Credit One - $700 and my newly acquired NFCU - $7,000.  Now to "garden" as you all put!   My fiance and I are planning to build our house this coming spring, which will require building loan, refinancing land loan (or breaking 24 acre parcel).  Any advice?  Fiances credit is perfect, literally. His score is 850.  Another question...I want to cancel my 2 smaller cards, but I'm unsure of how that will affect my score? I use around $500-$1000 per month and pay it off the last day of the month. 

Message 875 of 1,375
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All! 

Little background, just started rebuilding after recklass decisions and poor understanding of consequences (see scores in sig) Cards in wallet are Cap One - $300 Credit One - $700 and my newly acquired NFCU - $7,000.  Now to "garden" as you all put!   My fiance and I are planning to build our house this coming spring, which will require building loan, refinancing land loan (or breaking 24 acre parcel).  Any advice?  Fiances credit is perfect, literally. His score is 850.  Another question...I want to cancel my 2 smaller cards, but I'm unsure of how that will affect my score? I use around $500-$1000 per month and pay it off the last day of the month. 

first things first, welcome to the GC!

next, have you pulled all 3 of your reports recently....within a month or 2 and checked to see if you can get any of your baddies deleted early?

next, how long have you had all those cards open? Closing them won't really affect your score, only utility. Personally, I would close the Cap 1 and CreditOne out and rely soley on the NavyFed card because you can get 2 cards from them and split the lines. Get him to add you as an AU to his accounts and that will help some as well.

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 876 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

next, have you pulled all 3 of your reports recently....within a month or 2 and checked to see if you can get any of your baddies deleted early?

next, how long have you had all those cards open? Closing them won't really affect your score, only utility. Personally, I would close the Cap 1 and CreditOne out and rely soley on the NavyFed card because you can get 2 cards from them and split the lines. Get him to add you as an AU to his accounts and that will help some as well.

Thank you!! It took me a while to figure out what "gardening" was! 

I have pulled them all within the last month.  The only baddies I have are a few late (30,60,90) accounts, all over 4 years old, a few charge off with paid settlements (Cap One -refuses, and First Premier - refuses) and one paid collection that has just agreed to delete. So I'm actually not looking too bad! 

The NFCU was JUST approved today.  The Cap One and Credit One have been opened 4 months. I want to close them both because they both have $45 annual fees and really, their CL's aren't necessary with the new NFCU card I just acquired.  I've thought about asking him that, but I don't want to ding his credit for some reason - if that's even a concern. He's got insane CL's and the best cards! Although I'm pretty happy with my cashRewards from NCFU!

Message 877 of 1,375
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Thank you!! It took me a while to figure out what "gardening" was! 

I have pulled them all within the last month.  The only baddies I have are a few late (30,60,90) accounts, all over 4 years old, a few charge off with paid settlements (Cap One -refuses, and First Premier - refuses) and one paid collection that has just agreed to delete. So I'm actually not looking too bad! 

The NFCU was JUST approved today.  The Cap One and Credit One have been opened 4 months. I want to close them both because they both have $45 annual fees and really, their CL's aren't necessary with the new NFCU card I just acquired.  I've thought about asking him that, but I don't want to ding his credit for some reason - if that's even a concern. He's got insane CL's and the best cards! Although I'm pretty happy with my cashRewards from NCFU!

Ading you as an AU won't affect him and only benefit you! unless you just plan on running up all the cards and what not. that wouldnt be ideal. I would close Credit 1 right away because they charge the fee monthly and no grace period ,etc etc. Cap 1, keep open for 11 months and email/FaceBook them and ask for the AF to be waived or PC it to another product.

Message 878 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

1GaDawg85 wrote:

Adding you as an AU won't affect him and only benefit you! unless you just plan on running up all the cards and what not. that wouldnt be ideal. I would close Credit 1 right away because they charge the fee monthly and no grace period ,etc etc. Cap 1, keep open for 11 months and email/FaceBook them and ask for the AF to be waived or PC it to another product.

I'll probably wait until we're married to ask that. I like going at this alone, anyways. Keeps me honest and I'm proud of my progress. 

I have heard these horror stories about Credit 1 but I have had relatively good experiences, really. I rejected their first mail offer with a $99 AF, then they sent me another offer with a higher CL and a $45 AF that I paid on my first date. No monthly fees. And the most I've paid in interest is their $1.00 minimum since my daily balance never got over $30. Definitely closing that card, however! 

When you say "PC" it to another product, what do you mean?  I considered calling to close the account and trying to use that as leverage to get my old paid settlement removed from my CR's! LOL 

Message 879 of 1,375
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Adding you as an AU won't affect him and only benefit you! unless you just plan on running up all the cards and what not. that wouldnt be ideal. I would close Credit 1 right away because they charge the fee monthly and no grace period ,etc etc. Cap 1, keep open for 11 months and email/FaceBook them and ask for the AF to be waived or PC it to another product.

I'll probably wait until we're married to ask that. I like going at this alone, anyways. Keeps me honest and I'm proud of my progress. 

I have heard these horror stories about Credit 1 but I have had relatively good experiences, really. I regected their first mail offer with a $99 AF, then they sent me another offer with a higher CL and a $45 AF that I paid on my first date. No monthly fees. And the most I've paid in interest is their $1.00 minimum since my daily balance never got over $30. Definitely closing that card, however! 

When you say "PC" it to another product, what do you mean?  I considered calling to close the account and trying to use that as leverage to get my old paid settlement removed from my CR's! LOL 

PC is product change. and yes, if the settlement is paid, they should be willing to delete...

Message 880 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.