Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2014 - Garden Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

Starting to like this Amex card even more Smiley Happy Had a $5 back offer for spending $15 or more at walmart.com. Purchased a gift for $44. Too bad its limited to 1 statement credit per offer. Ah well still have Discover and Sallie Mae for Wal-Mart purchases Smiley Very Happy Evening everyone!

Message 961 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck! We can get through together! lol

That Marriott Rewards card is calling my name, though. It's gonna be the first one I open after I get out of the garden!

For me, it will be a SalliMae type card with the highest rewards, longest 0% APR period in 347 days 7 hours 26 minutes from now 'till Dec. 1 2015

Who knows what card that might be

I like the SallieMae card, but I already have the 6% from my BCP for groceries. Plus, I rarely shop at Amazon.

I'm hoping in a year or two, there will be a hot new card come out thats metal. For some reason, metal cards have my eye. lol

5% back on $3,000 of groceries and $3,000 of gas and no annual fee? Or 6% back on $6,000 of groceries and a $95 annual fee.... Hmm.

I pick...Two No-AF Sallie Mae cards!

Very true!

Buuuuuuuut I already have the BCP, and it will really help with my fiancee's credit. I have her as an AU, and will have her open a card in 2016 to backdate to 2014. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that with the SallieMae. I'm gonna have her get it and the Chase Freedom once we buy a house, though. That way I can funnel the first $250/month of groceries on the SallieMae card, and save the $6,000 cap for the BCP when Kroger offers 4x's fuel rewards on gift cards. Smiley Happy

I don't believe that AUs count for member start dates any more. She'll only backdated to her first primary card with Amex. Have her apply for BCE or Everyday now, then get whatever card you want in 2016 to backdate to Jan 2014 (or apply again in Jan 2015 to get the same result).

Edit: And apping is bad! Very bad! Stay in the garden!

Hmmm...I did not know that. I will definitely have to look into it. If that's the case, I'll more than likely get her to apply now.

I don't particularly want another AMEX card. I was really doing the backdating thing for her. I'm happy with the rewards of the BCP and the fact that it's my highest credit limit. Smiley Tongue

Message 962 of 1,375
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Starting to like this Amex card even more Smiley Happy Had a $5 back offer for spending $15 or more at walmart.com. Purchased a gift for $44. Too bad its limited to 1 statement credit per offer. Ah well still have Discover and Sallie Mae for Wal-Mart purchases Smiley Very Happy Evening everyone!

Very nice!   I decidex to Sync my Macy's AMEX so i can take advantage of more AMEX Offers.  My SO asked if I was getting Xmas presents for his two kitties and his dog.   So I said, 'sure why not" and added the PetSmart offer to my Macy's AMEX.   So now I'll get $5 back from that.

Concurrently, Macy's gave me an offer of a $20 statement credit if I spent $150 by 1/31.   So i figured I'd use the card in-store at Costco, since I'm only getting 1% there on the other AMEX cards, anyway.   Tonight's purchase at PetSmart put me at a hair over $155 spent so far.   So with the $5 credit, I've still reached the $150 mark!   So yay for me!   I'm anxious to see how quick the AMEX Offer and the Macy's offer post..  The AMEX offers tend to credit quickly for the Centurion Bank issued cards, so I'm wondering how quickly they are with other issuers that simply use the AMEX payment network.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 963 of 1,375
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

I went to Best Buy on Monday to get a new tablet and was asked to apply for the credit card but I resisted.  It was sooo tempting! My fiancé was there to keep me track but he was surprised I didn't just go for it. LolSmiley Tongue

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 964 of 1,375
compassion101
Established Contributor

Back to the garden for me after obtaining amex bcp, csp, and arrival plus, in addition to a new car loan over the last 3 months. No plans for anything over the next year personal wise, though possibly business (with personal inquiry/guarantee).

Message 965 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Amex comes today! I'm more than happy to cool it with new accounts after having this. I really didn't think it could be done. This is huge for me. 

Message 966 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope my Ritz arrives today...Just in time for my big day tomorrow!
Message 967 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have cut it too close for Christmas shopping, so I'm doing it all this afternoon Smiley Wink

Message 968 of 1,375
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Hello everyone!

Message 969 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy!

I literally JUST started gardening and the temptation to go for the NCFU Checking LOC is soooo strong!!  I don't need it, I don't need it, I DON'T NEED IT!! That's what I keep telling myself. But....I COULD use it, in the future...it's a nice feature to have.....GAHHHHH!! The only thing stopping me is another HP.

Message 970 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.