Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2014 - Garden Thread

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: December 2014 - Garden Thread

Am looking to hop out of the garden, but torn on waiting until my 2 tls are a full 1 year old in Mar.. Still am afraid of denials since my score has plateaued.. Time has seemed to stop making a diff in my thin score.. Might leave for a secured share loan. But there's no HP involved supposedly... But not until the new year

Message 1011 of 1,375
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

My name is Guinness and I am a credit addict.  Today is day one in the Garden Smiley Sad  Will be trying to stay in the Garden all of 2015

You can do it!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1012 of 1,375
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

My name is Guinness and I am a credit addict.  Today is day one in the Garden Smiley Sad  Will be trying to stay in the Garden all of 2015

You can do it!

My best avice would be to have an plan what you want to do with your credit , which you seem to have so thats an good start. The other thing i would suggest is don't poke your head in the approval and applicaations forums. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1013 of 1,375
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

You can do it!

My best avice would be to have an plan what you want to do with your credit , which you seem to have so thats an good start. The other thing i would suggest is don't poke your head in the approval and applicaations forums. 

But then you don't know what you're missing!

Message 1014 of 1,375
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Hi All,

Wow, that was quick!  I'm in my 3rd week back in the garden after grabbing the US Airways 50K offer.  Smiley Happy  Also, signed up for the Dividend Miles Dining 2K offer.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 

Edit: for typo

Message 1015 of 1,375
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Hi All,

Wow, that was quick!  I'm in my 3rd week back in the garden after grabbing the US Airways 50K offer.  Smiley Happy  Also, signed up for the Dividend Miles Dining 2K offer.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 

Edit: for typo

I have to do that for my us airways card , thanks for reminding me 

Message 1016 of 1,375
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

You will reach your goal!  Just remember what brought you here, and that the longer you stay the better your odds of getting your next "dream" card or big CLI.

Message 1017 of 1,375
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Starting to like this Amex card even more Smiley Happy Had a $5 back offer for spending $15 or more at walmart.com. Purchased a gift for $44. Too bad its limited to 1 statement credit per offer. Ah well still have Discover and Sallie Mae for Wal-Mart purchases Smiley Very Happy Evening everyone!

I REALLY like their specials.  Just enough to keep in budget.  Recent ebags.com (needed new purse and wallet anyway), 10 for 50, they also have the free 2day shop runner shipping, and code enjoy got an additional 20% amount off, so spent much less than would on most outlet sites.  Already used the Wally one.

PS, on day 60, I requested 5k (no, I don't want 10k card), and got it.  When reports, util go WAY down.

I was an scaredy cat earlier this week when i did my cli i went from 11.2 to 20k , that is enough for me. Don't feel like having to go through with an FR. I am happy with 20k limit and still have bt and 0% apr till 2016 can't really complain too much about that. 

In other news for kicks and giggles i aksed for apr reduction on my discover card, They reduced to 15+% not bad, so its right around same level as most of my travel cards so can't complain too much. When i first got that card it was 22.99 % not pretty to say the least. 

Cool, like that discover lowers apr.  Yeah, my Amex started at 3.5k, but I want more cards in my profile, so no need to increase that limit.  AND, I do love that 0% until 2016 for moi also. Smiley Tongue

Yeah i kind of would like access to more cards, but CCC are giving me 12-15k CL , so i may not have that option. I know it sounds like 800 fico score problems, but its still an worry for me. APR aren't that big of a deal to me since i pay in full almost all the time so those interest rates don't normall affect me. I was an bit down on discover at beginning of the year lucky i didn't close my account lol. They gave me two sp cli and two apr reductions so i shouldn't be complaining too much. 

I guess I don't understand how this is a problem. Smiley Happy

I was just reading another thread about somebodys chase account and cards getting closed for having too much available credit!! That is another reason why i want to diversify with other banks. I am an bit too heavy with just amex and chase i have three cards of each. My overall CL are about 2x my income so that is what i am worried about :--(

@Since I've been around since 2013, and reading, it's why I only request small cli's.  @ 5k, there would be only so many cards I would want.  My biggest emergency doesn't come to 5k.  I want to future proof my apps, and I can always ask for more every 6 months with the cards I have.  I was reading that thread also.

Signature needs updating
Message 1018 of 1,375
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Guinness wrote:

Hi Everyone

What keeps me from apping is trying to focus on cleaning my reports (almost done), maximizing my util (working on soft pull cli's, only apply with major lenders for good rewards cards I will use, etc), and time (have secured share loan because don't buy house nor car).

reading both the good and bad (don't read a lot in the approval section), helps me to keep the itch away.  BUT, when that itch hits, I jump in here for a head ful of Benadryl. Smiley Surprised

Signature needs updating
Message 1019 of 1,375
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Starting to like this Amex card even more Smiley Happy Had a $5 back offer for spending $15 or more at walmart.com. Purchased a gift for $44. Too bad its limited to 1 statement credit per offer. Ah well still have Discover and Sallie Mae for Wal-Mart purchases Smiley Very Happy Evening everyone!

I REALLY like their specials.  Just enough to keep in budget.  Recent ebags.com (needed new purse and wallet anyway), 10 for 50, they also have the free 2day shop runner shipping, and code enjoy got an additional 20% amount off, so spent much less than would on most outlet sites.  Already used the Wally one.

PS, on day 60, I requested 5k (no, I don't want 10k card), and got it.  When reports, util go WAY down.

I was an scaredy cat earlier this week when i did my cli i went from 11.2 to 20k , that is enough for me. Don't feel like having to go through with an FR. I am happy with 20k limit and still have bt and 0% apr till 2016 can't really complain too much about that. 

In other news for kicks and giggles i aksed for apr reduction on my discover card, They reduced to 15+% not bad, so its right around same level as most of my travel cards so can't complain too much. When i first got that card it was 22.99 % not pretty to say the least. 

Cool, like that discover lowers apr.  Yeah, my Amex started at 3.5k, but I want more cards in my profile, so no need to increase that limit.  AND, I do love that 0% until 2016 for moi also. Smiley Tongue

Yeah i kind of would like access to more cards, but CCC are giving me 12-15k CL , so i may not have that option. I know it sounds like 800 fico score problems, but its still an worry for me. APR aren't that big of a deal to me since i pay in full almost all the time so those interest rates don't normall affect me. I was an bit down on discover at beginning of the year lucky i didn't close my account lol. They gave me two sp cli and two apr reductions so i shouldn't be complaining too much. 

I guess I don't understand how this is a problem. Smiley Happy

I was just reading another thread about somebodys chase account and cards getting closed for having too much available credit!! That is another reason why i want to diversify with other banks. I am an bit too heavy with just amex and chase i have three cards of each. My overall CL are about 2x my income so that is what i am worried about :--(

@Since I've been around since 2013, and reading, it's why I only request small cli's.  @ 5k, there would be only so many cards I would want.  My biggest emergency doesn't come to 5k.  I want to future proof my apps, and I can always ask for more every 6 months with the cards I have.  I was reading that thread also.

The thing is i can't help that they give me 12-15k card when i apply. I probably don't need more than an 5k card, but not going to tell them no when they give me those cards. There are some cards i have my eye on so we shall see how it all plays out. 

Message 1020 of 1,375
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.