Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decided to join PenFed.

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Decided to join PenFed.

so i already got the welcoming email, does that mean they already did a HP for membership?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Decided to join PenFed.

I already know where this is heading....so much for being in the garden. Lol
Message 2 of 17
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

so i already got the welcoming email, does that mean they already did a HP for membership?

Yes.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I already know where this is heading....so much for being in the garden. Lol

LOL...yeah...but dont think im going to apply for any of their products just yet...how long can they use the same HP for credit/loan products? Dont want any more new accounts on my file.

Message 4 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Ninety days.

thanks will not try till until after 2 full months.

Message 6 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

As 09Lexie said:

Yup, they pulled for membership.

Yup it's good for 90 days if you want to apply. 

And if no one's said it;  Yup, they're a lot more conservative than NFCU  Smiley LOL   They USUALLY don't like a lot of INQs or new accounts.  So in about 72 days, I expect to see you were approved for a 15k cash rewards (if it's still avaiable) 5% back on gas card........   (our interest is 10.9% btw)  Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 17
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Ninety days.

Whats the diffrence if you apply now or in two months they are still going to go off the same pull? Does not make sense really

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 8 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

As 09Lexie said:

Yup, they pulled for membership.

Yup it's good for 90 days if you want to apply. 

And if no one's said it;  Yup, they're a lot more conservative than NFCU  Smiley LOL   They USUALLY don't like a lot of INQs or new accounts.  So in about 72 days, I expect to see you were approved for a 15k cash rewards (if it's still avaiable) 5% back on gas card........   (our interest is 10.9% btw)  Smiley Wink

Haha...i hope so but really in no rush to get anymore credit cards...I just want to have a good CU that i can have in case i do want a high limit CC. I may just wait six months to let all of my accounts and inquiries age and just let them do a HP once again or maybe even wait the whole year. I decided to do memebership now cuz i know they would pull EQ (only 2 HP recently so wanted all close to each other).

Message 9 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Ninety days.

Whats the diffrence if you apply now or in two months they are still going to go off the same pull? Does not make sense really

Im actually going to wait at least 6 months or wait till my chargeoffs fall off next year so i can have a clean report....LOL. Dont want anymore new accounts.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.