Reply
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,781
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Decided to join PenFed.

so i already got the welcoming email, does that mean they already did a HP for membership?


Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,958
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.

I already know where this is heading....so much for being in the garden. Lol
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.


dodgerslv wrote:

so i already got the welcoming email, does that mean they already did a HP for membership?


Yes.


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,781
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.

[ Edited ]

09Lexie wrote:
I already know where this is heading....so much for being in the garden. Lol

LOL...yeah...but dont think im going to apply for any of their products just yet...how long can they use the same HP for credit/loan products? Dont want any more new accounts on my file.


Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,958
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,781
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.


09Lexie wrote:
Ninety days.

thanks will not try till until after 2 full months.


Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.

 

As 09Lexie said:

 

Yup, they pulled for membership.

 

Yup it's good for 90 days if you want to apply. 

 

And if no one's said it;  Yup, they're a lot more conservative than NFCU  :smileylol:   They USUALLY don't like a lot of INQs or new accounts.  So in about 72 days, I expect to see you were approved for a 15k cash rewards (if it's still avaiable) 5% back on gas card........   (our interest is 10.9% btw)  :smileywink:

Established Contributor
dodgeball
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-16-2007
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.


dodgerslv wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Ninety days.

thanks will not try till until after 2 full months.


Whats the diffrence if you apply now or in two months they are still going to go off the same pull? Does not make sense really

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,


IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1









Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,781
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.


RyVision wrote:

 

As 09Lexie said:

 

Yup, they pulled for membership.

 

Yup it's good for 90 days if you want to apply. 

 

And if no one's said it;  Yup, they're a lot more conservative than NFCU  :smileylol:   They USUALLY don't like a lot of INQs or new accounts.  So in about 72 days, I expect to see you were approved for a 15k cash rewards (if it's still avaiable) 5% back on gas card........   (our interest is 10.9% btw)  :smileywink:


Haha...i hope so but really in no rush to get anymore credit cards...I just want to have a good CU that i can have in case i do want a high limit CC. I may just wait six months to let all of my accounts and inquiries age and just let them do a HP once again or maybe even wait the whole year. I decided to do memebership now cuz i know they would pull EQ (only 2 HP recently so wanted all close to each other).


Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,781
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: Decided to join PenFed.

[ Edited ]

dodgeball wrote:

dodgerslv wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Ninety days.

thanks will not try till until after 2 full months.


Whats the diffrence if you apply now or in two months they are still going to go off the same pull? Does not make sense really


Im actually going to wait at least 6 months or wait till my chargeoffs fall off next year so i can have a clean report....LOL. Dont want anymore new accounts.


Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).






myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}