Reply
Contributor
MrxLeo
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎01-06-2013
0

Re: Deciding on 3rd credit card of rebuild process


Tran92 wrote:
How about a GE backed card to help with utilization? You may have a shot with Amex charged cards but not so sure with their revolvers. You never know until you try lol.

I've never had a GE card before, which one do you recommend with a high 600 FICO?  


Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
jennylocha
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

Re: Deciding on 3rd credit card of rebuild process


MrxLeo wrote:

Tran92 wrote:
How about a GE backed card to help with utilization? You may have a shot with Amex charged cards but not so sure with their revolvers. You never know until you try lol.

I've never had a GE card before, which one do you recommend with a high 600 FICO?  


Good lord.....pick one! Lol! GE is not hard to obtain however you might want to pick something that you could give some good use to like Walmart or Amazon. you would DEFINITELY get approved for one. I'd try for the Walmart discover, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Regular Contributor
Tran92
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎09-25-2012
0

Re: Deciding on 3rd credit card of rebuild process

+1 I went for Walmart and amazon. Walmart started me off low when I applied (400) at about 670-680 TU, but I was able to double it at the second statement. Amazon I applied when my scores were near 690 according to Walmart Free TU08 FICO score. I got approved for $1200. If you shop there it's worth it if you make big purchases for the 6 month financing or more on certain items. Plus all GE cards give large CLI upon request every 3-4 months.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+






New Contributor
Springer
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎12-19-2012
0

Re: Deciding on 3rd credit card of rebuild process


corymcd88 wrote:

I would say Northwest FCU. Their credit Card in perfect. $550.00 Min, 7.00% APR no Annual fee. No credit check required. Anyone can join. I have it and love it.



Cory which card did you get through Northwest FCU that doesnt require a credit check?  Sounds like something I could use!

 

In The Garden Since 1/5/13

Starting Score: EQ FICO 627 CK 633 CS 630 (12/2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO-584: EX FICO (BofA, 12/17/2012): 538 :CK 578 :CS 630
Goal Score: 700


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
MrxLeo
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎01-06-2013
0

Re: Deciding on 3rd credit card of rebuild process


jennylocha wrote:

MrxLeo wrote:

Tran92 wrote:
How about a GE backed card to help with utilization? You may have a shot with Amex charged cards but not so sure with their revolvers. You never know until you try lol.

I've never had a GE card before, which one do you recommend with a high 600 FICO?  


Good lord.....pick one! Lol! GE is not hard to obtain however you might want to pick something that you could give some good use to like Walmart or Amazon. you would DEFINITELY get approved for one. I'd try for the Walmart discover, you might be pleasantly surprised.


Haha.  That's why I'm on this forum and posting this subject, so I can get some guidance on what I may be able to get approved for.  I only have two inquiries on my credit report right now (the two Capitalone cards I'm currently using) and I want to keep my inquiries down to a minimum.

 

Thanks for the advise on the Walmart discover.  I checked it out and it definitely looks like something that's obtainable for me.  I may even try an app spree and try to get all three cards the same day. :smileyvery-happy:  Did you actually go into the Walmart store to applly or did you just do it online?


Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
MrxLeo
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎01-06-2013
0

Re: Deciding on 3rd credit card of rebuild process


Tran92 wrote:
+1 I went for Walmart and amazon. Walmart started me off low when I applied (400) at about 670-680 TU, but I was able to double it at the second statement. Amazon I applied when my scores were near 690 according to Walmart Free TU08 FICO score. I got approved for $1200. If you shop there it's worth it if you make big purchases for the 6 month financing or more on certain items. Plus all GE cards give large CLI upon request every 3-4 months.

Awesome! Sold!  Thanks for the input.


Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+