Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decisions Decisions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decisions Decisions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I was declined for discover the last time I applied. That's why I figured I would go for secured.
Ex 609 TU 587 EQ 577 those are fico 08

After you close the account, it may be better to spend time building your current cards instead of applying for new credit.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Get your foot in the door with Disco. Great rewards and CLI crazy. Good luck. 

Discover does have a good rewards system; however, not everyone has been fortunate with CLIs.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should totally "total" that Total card! Pronto!

Message 13 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So i am thinking, should i get rid of Total card and leave my cards the way they are? or apply for the secured IT card from discover? to replace the Total card? 

What are you looking to accomplish?  What do you specifically need/want from a new card?   Selecting a card isn't just about the card itself.  It's about what specifically suits you.

Consider the information in the Closing Credit Cards thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky.

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I was declined for discover the last time I applied.

Use those denial reasons as a starting point on what to work on with your credit profile.  Your scores also indicate that there are issues with your credit profile.  Don't just rely on what you think you can qualify for.  Idenitify the issues with your credit and work on addressing them.

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Discover does have a good rewards system; however, not everyone has been fortunate with CLIs.

It's not a matter of fortune or luck.  As with any creditor it's a matter of one's credit profile and income.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

discover denied me because of my banktuptcy. still gonna close out total card and just keep the other cards i have

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE

discover denied me because of my banktuptcy. still gonna close out total card and just keep the other cards i have

How long has it been since your BK and how long since each of your inqs in the last year?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bk discharged 7/2015 & last inq with discover was about 5 months ago
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Bk discharged 7/2015 & last inq with discover was about 5 months ago

With a BK that is less than a year old, there aren't going to be any unsecured cards that will accept you and that you want to be in bed with. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was applying for the secured with discover. Because inward gonna get rid of total card but I think I have plenty of cards right now. So I should be good
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.