Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decline Approved Credit Card Terms

tag
BooBee
New Contributor

Decline Approved Credit Card Terms

I searched and searched but didn't find results I wanted.  I already have three credit cards and in my zeal to do a few applications to add a few more to my credit portfolio I applied to 3 cards.  I got great rates from two cards but one card, Chase Freedom gave me an APR of 18% probably as a result of my app spree in just one day.  I got instant approval for 8K but I didn't like the rate so I called to reject the card.  Chase told me since I reject the terms (i.e. APR) that it would be like I never applied for card but it has shown up as a tradeline on my credit report.  Am I allowed to reject an instant approval because I don't agree with APR?  Can I get line item removed from my credit report?  It's not a negative line item but it's probably hurting my AoAA.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decline Approved Credit Card Terms

Unfortunately, the account was technically open and you closed it. By applying, you already agree that your APR will vary based on your creditworthiness. It will effect your AAoA open or closed, so you were better off keeping it open since it has no AF.
Message 2 of 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Decline Approved Credit Card Terms

Did you have a prequal from chase? probably not right, because the apr would be on there. Freedom tends to have a high apr even for those with great credit. 

But, since you called Chase and they said they that the card would not appear on your CR's due to unaccepting of the terms, and the card now showed up?

Write a typed letter and send it to the Chase Executive office with all your info and the details. They can remove the tradeline from your reports. 

Comenity did it for me with a similar situation. They can go back and listen to their recorded conversations with you. Goood luck! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.