Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decline In I've Been Approved Threads

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decline In I've Been Approved Threads

I notice there have been a decline in i've been approved threads which I'm not surprised they where just talking about this on the news saying allot of banks are just not extending allot of new credit right now because of the economy. An in allot of cases its not because of your credit it's because most banks out now are just not sure of there future.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-03-2009 07:50 AM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Decline In I've Been Approved Threads

Not to mention that a lot of us are in hunker-down mode. I had toyed with the idea of getting Discover and Kohl's once my new accounts hit 12 months, but I have no interest in doing that now.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have to start saying what Hauling is saying. I have no more desire to app. I really would like to get an Amex Credit Card and Discover Card. I have no interest any more.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have already stated, I'm in a place where I have enough credit, and no more desire to App for anything.........UNLESS someone is offering a card with a better rewards program than PENFED..Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Not to mention that a lot of us are in hunker-down mode.

I'm firmly entrenched in my credit bunker. Tap the door three times when it is safe to come out. I'm afraid to trigger something bad. At least all of our APRs are automatically dropping. No CLIs though.

Message 5 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Another item to worry about when requesting new credit or additional credit is CCC thinking you already have too much credit. This is why I am not asking for cli's on my current cards.

My goal is to get a Penfed and I waiting for all my inquiries to drop off before applying. I don't want Penfed to state I already have to much credit for my income.

It is best to have a goal of getting a particular card and then hope that will stop you from applying.

Don't want to trigger anything and want to be in the best position in getting a Penfed.

Message 6 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I too am locked away in the credit-bunker. I already received AA from Amex.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, I guess I could start one - I got a USBank visa (boring standard no rewards low APR) last week  Smiley Happy

But I thought anout the pros and cons before I did it;

pro - I bank with them, overdraft protection if I screw up, possible AA by someone else, only 1 inq on EQ about to drop off, no new accounts for over a year

con - age effects (minimal), inq (will be only one on EQ next month), possible AA because of new credit.

So I went for it

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 11
dizzier
Established Contributor

No credit apping for me. NO CLI requests for me. No APR requests for me. No anything that would require the CCCs to take an additional look at my CRs for me.

I'm trying to avoid AA as much as possible. AMEX will be at zero in a week. WAMU is at zero. MACYs is at zero. BOA has a $800 balance which will go away in a couple months. After that, I'll be praying that I come out of this crisis with my CC accounts in tact.

*crapping bricks*

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I liken this credit card crisis to dating in high school, where the fear of rejection far outweighed the positives of acceptance.

I would love a new card or two, but it appears that nobody is in a giving mood despite receiving money which was intended to loosen up the lending so that we can spend more to help jump start the economy. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.