Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined Amex BCEP but I am appealing it

tag
budwiser
Contributor

Declined Amex BCEP but I am appealing it

Well, initially, I was declined for the BCE preferred  I've never had an Amex,so I called the EO and they transferred me to New accounts. They asked me a few questions about my recent inquires and new accounts. They said if I wanted to appeal the decision an underwriter can look at it.. So, I thought about it and said ok. Does anyone have any experience with getting declined and then approved?

Thanks, Craig

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Declined Amex BCEP but I am appealing it

With Amex it is near impossible unless there's an error on your CR. I've tried months ago and talked to a few CSRs and they all have told me the same thing. Amex sticks to their initial decission. Good luck and I hope you prove me wrong! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i just hope for your sake , they didn't do an additional HP with your appeal, if the decision probably won't change

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 4
Jlu
Established Contributor

Generally AMEX doesn't do recons - at least that was the way it was when I applied. 

The only recon is if your credit report was incorrect and you're allowed to send/fax them a copy of a new report.

Things may have changed... I mean, they have Tina Fey doing goofy commercials yet casting it in black & white in a veiled attempt to stay classy.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.