Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined BCE preferred

tag
budwiser
Contributor

Declined BCE preferred

I have never tried for Amex. But I saw an offer I should have passed. I was denied. I guess I have too many inquiries within last 12 months about 6. Aaoa is too short and my utir is around 3%. But it is reported from Ex that my balance to limit are too high. I pay all my accounts 100% on time. No collections. Fico is 691. I tried calling the number listed to recon maybe there is a number to speak with analyst? Any help appreciated. Thank, Craig
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined BCE preferred

Sorry to hear about the denial. 6 inquiries within 12 months doesnt seem like an excessive amount but I'm also not sure how sensitive Amex is with inquiries. Here's the link to all the backdoor numbers, also not sure if Amex is good with reconsiderations either but its worth a try as long as there isnt an additional HP. Hopefully others with some experence will chime in later. Smiley Happy Good luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be discouraged. Do you have any AMEXs yet? I could go back a month I time and do it again not I would apply for the PRG first anyways, sounds like an easier foot in the door. Besides, they initial CL  they give people with light credit history are usually smaller like mine. 

Message 3 of 7
budwiser
Contributor

I won't recon. They HP for initial request.  A computer checks first. Then to recon with analyst,  it is an additional hard pull.  II have overall about 100k in credit. I just thought it would be a good card to add to portfolio. So it's not like I need any more credit.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya you sound like you have a enoughSmiley Happy 

Message 5 of 7
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@budwiser wrote:
I have never tried for Amex. But I saw an offer I should have passed. I was denied. I guess I have too many inquiries within last 12 months about 6. Aaoa is too short and my utir is around 3%. But it is reported from Ex that my balance to limit are too high. I pay all my accounts 100% on time. No collections. Fico is 691. I tried calling the number listed to recon maybe there is a number to speak with analyst? Any help appreciated. Thank, Craig

@Anonymous curious did you try the pre-qualify link @ amex before applying for the BCE ? Thanks

Message 6 of 7
budwiser
Contributor

I did. It didn't have an offer. But that is how it for me at any cc site. My last approval was B of A cash rewards. No offer available. I also recently opened citi simplicity. Golden 1 recently gave me a cc with 10k. So I don't know why decline from Amex.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.