cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined By Citi UPDATE SUCCESSFUL RECON!!!!

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Declined By Citi UPDATE SUCCESSFUL RECON!!!!

Only reason provided: Too many INQ's

What do you all recommend?

I have been trying to recon, maybe I am calling the wrong number.

What department would be the best to call? How do I reach them? What is the best way to explain the INQ's, other than I went on an app spree for bonus offers? haha

Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89
remarc
Regular Contributor

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

I was denied like u for too many inquirers back in may. I had explained to the CSR that the inquires were for auto refinance. I called 3 times & everything they said they could do nothing.
No one would recon with me then in August at the 6 month mark of my Citi platinum card I asked for a CLI & again denied straight of the batt. I tried to speak to someone to explain to me & advise me but yet again no one would help me.
Citi dont seem to be very helpful.
Message 2 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I was denied like u for too many inquirers back in may. I had explained to the CSR that the inquires were for auto refinance. I called 3 times & everything they said they could do nothing.
No one would recon with me then in August at the 6 month mark of my Citi platinum card I asked for a CLI & again denied straight of the batt. I tried to speak to someone to explain to me & advise me but yet again no one would help me.
Citi dont seem to be very helpful.

Aw man. I was hoping for hope in the matter not more bad news...thanks for the reply

I just want to get in the door with citi. I wish they would overlook the INQ's and give me a chance. That card has some high spending requirements, I would think they would want the business.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 90
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What department would be the best to call? How do I reach them? What is the best way to explain the INQ's, other than I went on an app spree for bonus offers? haha

lol... with Citi, they can decline you for whatever reason they can think up. How many inquiries did you have? I have 10+ and I still got approved for (2) personal cards, the same one at that. We also share similar backgrounds, and your income is higher than mine. So I'm not sure why you didn't get approved. Depending on the # of inquiries you could recon. Is this the first time applying for a Citi card?

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 4 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

lol... with Citi, they can decline you for whatever reason they can think up. How many inquiries did you have? I have 10+ and I still got approved for (2) personal cards, the same one at that. We also share similar backgrounds, and your income is higher than mine. So I'm not sure why you didn't get approved. Depending on the # of inquiries you could recon. Is this the first time applying for a Citi card?

I think I apped over 6 months ago as well, but I can't remember. I am pretty sure I have fewer than 10 within 6 months.

I want that approval.

Message 5 of 90
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Good luck reconning. Citi sucks when it comes to Recons.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 90
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Calling in for recon with Citi didn't work for me multiple times. However, shoot them a PlanetFeedback recon message to them--thats how I got in with Citi.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 7 of 90
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 90
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)

Does that card offer rewards?

Message 9 of 90
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Does that card offer rewards?

I don't believe that card has any rewards...I think he wants it just for the googlewallet feature...LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.