Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Declined By Citi UPDATE SUCCESSFUL RECON!!!!

[ Edited ]

Only reason provided: Too many INQ's

 

What do you all recommend?

 

I have been trying to recon, maybe I am calling the wrong number.

 

What department would be the best to call? How do I reach them? What is the best way to explain the INQ's, other than I went on an app spree for bonus offers? haha

 

Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Regular Contributor
Posts: 170
Registered: ‎03-05-2012
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

I was denied like u for too many inquirers back in may. I had explained to the CSR that the inquires were for auto refinance. I called 3 times & everything they said they could do nothing.
No one would recon with me then in August at the 6 month mark of my Citi platinum card I asked for a CLI & again denied straight of the batt. I tried to speak to someone to explain to me & advise me but yet again no one would help me.
Citi dont seem to be very helpful.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred


remarc wrote:
I was denied like u for too many inquirers back in may. I had explained to the CSR that the inquires were for auto refinance. I called 3 times & everything they said they could do nothing.
No one would recon with me then in August at the 6 month mark of my Citi platinum card I asked for a CLI & again denied straight of the batt. I tried to speak to someone to explain to me & advise me but yet again no one would help me.
Citi dont seem to be very helpful.

Aw man. I was hoping for hope in the matter not more bad news...thanks for the reply

 

I just want to get in the door with citi. I wish they would overlook the INQ's and give me a chance. That card has some high spending requirements, I would think they would want the business.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Contributor
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎07-30-2011
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred


Dustink wrote:

Only reason provided: Too many INQ's

 

What do you all recommend?

 

I have been trying to recon, maybe I am calling the wrong number.

 

What department would be the best to call? How do I reach them? What is the best way to explain the INQ's, other than I went on an app spree for bonus offers? haha

 

Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy


lol... with Citi, they can decline you for whatever reason they can think up. How many inquiries did you have? I have 10+ and I still got approved for (2) personal cards, the same one at that. We also share similar backgrounds, and your income is higher than mine. So I'm not sure why you didn't get approved. Depending on the # of inquiries you could recon. Is this the first time applying for a Citi card?

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred


nenuco wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Only reason provided: Too many INQ's

 

What do you all recommend?

 

I have been trying to recon, maybe I am calling the wrong number.

 

What department would be the best to call? How do I reach them? What is the best way to explain the INQ's, other than I went on an app spree for bonus offers? haha

 

Thanks in advance for the help Smiley Happy


lol... with Citi, they can decline you for whatever reason they can think up. How many inquiries did you have? I have 10+ and I still got approved for (2) personal cards, the same one at that. We also share similar backgrounds, and your income is higher than mine. So I'm not sure why you didn't get approved. Depending on the # of inquiries you could recon. Is this the first time applying for a Citi card?


I think I apped over 6 months ago as well, but I can't remember. I am pretty sure I have fewer than 10 within 6 months.

 

I want that approval.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

Good luck reconning. Citi sucks when it comes to Recons.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Regular Contributor
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎05-30-2011
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

Calling in for recon with Citi didn't work for me multiple times. However, shoot them a PlanetFeedback recon message to them--thats how I got in with Citi.


Experian (Credit.com)- 830 (5/28/2015)
Equifax (Citi) Fico- 803 (5/28/15)
Transunion (Credit Karma)- 809 (5/28/15)
Vantagescore (Credit Karma)- 896 (8/2/14)
Vantagescore 3.0 (credit.com)- 809 (5/28/15)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,276
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred

Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)

Does that card offer rewards?

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Declined for Citi ThankYou Preferred


Dustink wrote:

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Ive hears of that Planetfeedback route, but Dustink, Citi just sucks...I hate to say this, but even after hundreds of billions of dollars of taxpayer funded capital infusions, Citi is still just NOT consumer friendly. At least Chase is :-)

I'm still gonna app for Citi Diamond Preferred in 6 mos to a year :-D... Suuuchhh a pretty card :-)

Does that card offer rewards?

 


I don't believe that card has any rewards...I think he wants it just for the googlewallet feature...LOL.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.