Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined Discover IT

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Declined Discover IT

I'll see you in the garden. Discover will approve you after a 6 mo stint.
Message 21 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover is a bunch of dirty tricks!
I got a $4k approval with about 10 inqs and 688 EQ fico in Good ole Texas, where things are bigger😝😳😌😉
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 23
rryntz
Valued Member

I had the same thing happen to me just the other day, applied yesterday got DECLINED, decided to call on the recon, dont now if it was the rep i got, but she wouldnt budge, and said that Discover doesnt do reconsiderations.

So i dont know if anything has changed with them, or if i should call back and see if i get another rep???

Thanks

**Edit**

decided to call back and got someone in the Delaware office, extremely nice and pleasant guy, way different from the first experience.  We went over everything and there is one (1) baddie still on my account which is now paid, he said once that falls off to call back and then we will move forward with the recon.  I just got my chase slate card in the mail too and told that to him, he said that will defintely help with the decision as well.  So its all who you talk to!

Starting Score:535
Current Score:Equifax 675 Transunion 674 Experian 692 (MyFico 12/05/2014)
Goal Score: 720+
Chase Slate $500 | Cap1 QuickSilver $1500 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1250 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1000 | Navy Federal $10k | Barclay NFL Rewards $1500 | Barclay Rewards $1000 | Overstock.com $2700 | AMEX BCE $5000 | Cabela's Visa $1500
Entered Garden 11/2014 - staying minimum 6months
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.