Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined: FNBOdirect ExtraEarnings Visa Card

tag
paulko85
Established Member

Declined: FNBOdirect ExtraEarnings Visa Card

so i have fairly decent credit... score is 700-730 ish. multiple accounts. never missed a payment in my 7 year history.

i applied just so i can have access to free monthly FICO. i don't actually need the credit. what are some excuses i can use to get them to reconsider?

I have a credit card.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Declined: FNBOdirect ExtraEarnings Visa Card

Sorry to say they aren't recon friendly. YMMV

Did you cold app or did you have an invite?

The reason I ask is because if your not in their lending area or receive a pre-approval via mail in most cases this results in a denial

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
paulko85
Established Member

cold app

I have a credit card.
Message 3 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@paulko85 wrote:

cold app

Good luck I'll be pulling for a reversal 

FNBO:  800-444-6220 (UW)

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 16
paulko85
Established Member

thanks for the number! i was wondering where i was gonna find it.

I have a credit card.
Message 5 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@paulko85 wrote:

thanks for the number! i was wondering where i was gonna find it.

Your welcome and any backdoor CC numer can be found in the CC forum under helpful threads at the top of the page 

Also here's a forum trick to help

Quoting a post 

Under the message you wish to reply to 

Click reply 

Top right hand corner

Click quote 

Enter response 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that, they are a somewhat cautious lender but are good to people who are rebuilding and have recent clear histories.  That being said it seems like their Discover card has the best rewards available for all their cards.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 16
paulko85
Established Member

@TiggerDat wrote:

Sorry to hear that, they are a somewhat cautious lender but are good to people who are rebuilding and have recent clear histories.  That being said it seems like their Discover card has the best rewards available for all their cards.

maybe it was because i recently opened a Discover card for their free FICO, and a DCU account for their free FICO... 

i don't think i can really replace my wonderful CSP, i just want free FICO from FNBO Smiley Tongue

i hope i can somehow convince them. 

I have a credit card.
Message 8 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

Discover version is one of their worst the better FNBO card is the Amex version

It's a tierd program and to eligible you have to spend like 10k to get the other 4% with the Discover version

1. (1).50% on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions which, when added together, do not exceed the total of $2,500; and (2) 1.00% on each Qualifying Credit Card Transaction after the $2,500 total is reached.
  2. In addition to the percentages described in Section 1, during each Qualification Period that your Account is enrolled in the Program, you will earn an additional 4% cash back in bonus Rebate Rewards on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions made after the first $10,000 in Qualifying Credit Card Transactions that are posted to your Account, up to a maximum amount of $150. Once you have earned $150 in bonus Rebate Rewards during a Qualification Period, you will no longer earn bonus Rebate Rewards, but you will continue to earn 1.00% on Qualifying Credit Card Transactions described in Section 1 until the end of that Qualification Period.
Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

OH, OK, I thought it said 5%, with some conditions, I didn't realize exactly what those conditions were!

In a way I find it funny they give me a CLI every time I ask them, even though in the year and a half that I have had the card I have spent less than $500.  I don't ask them often, just twice.  I got an offer for a low balance transfer with no fee, so I thought hey why not.  (It's not my debt, it's my nieces, so saving her some money, not me.)  The offer is good until the balance transfer is paid off.  Which I thought was kind of nice of them.  So I figured since the 0.0% for 12 months is about to run out on the CapOne card, why not give the interest she will be paying to a much nicer company!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.