cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined For Chase Ink, Recon Possible For The Reason?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Declined For Chase Ink, Recon Possible For The Reason?

I was pre-approved for a Chase Ink card when i opened a Chase Business checking account a few months ago, i didnt go for it then because i didnt know anything about the card but I decided to apply for the Ink Cash now after researching it a bit and realizing i need a seperate card ofr my business. I applied and got the 10-30 day message.

That was on the 13th and today is the 19th and I just got a letter in the mail saying...

"To many requests for credit or opened accounts with us"

ACCOUNTS:

I have a Chase checking that ive had for years that was converted to a Chase Premier checking when i opened my business accounts.

I have a Chase Freedom i applied for back at the end of December and was approved with a $500 limit.

I have a chase BusinessSelect Checking and Business Savings to go with it.

Any thoughts on this situation? Any tips on what to do from here?

P.S. - They didnt give me my FICO score on the decline letter...seems weird huh?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Declined For Chase Ink, Recon Possible For The Reason?

It would not hurt to call and talk to a credit analyst at chase, they are some of the most friendly people I have called

Message 2 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

I'd definitely call. You only have one card but multiple DDA accounts.

It might be triggering a false positive because of that. It just looks like you have a bunch of credit accounts but you really don't.

I'd say call and tell them that exact information.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shane82388 wrote:

P.S. - They didnt give me my FICO score on the decline letter...seems weird huh?

Sounds like a pre-emptive disqualification where they didn't even pull a credit report, so they wouldn't have to provide you with a score.

good luck, definitely recon!

Message 4 of 11
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Sounds like a pre-emptive disqualification where they didn't even pull a credit report, so they wouldn't have to provide you with a score.

good luck, definitely recon!

Well i hope thats the case! lol

If so maybe id call and feel them out quickly and then just hold off til later...like the May or June?

Message 5 of 11
shane82388
Established Contributor

I just checked my report with experian and i only see one inquiry from Chase from back in early January for my Chase Freedom.....

I checked Credit Karma (transunion) and dont see any new inquries...

And i have Score Watch (equifax) and it hasnt alerted me of any inquiry yet and i applied about a week ago...

So it looks like i dodged a bullet maybe as far as an inquiry?

Message 6 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Methinks the FICO gods smiled down on you.  I would do nothing and let the new Freedom card age wait till next year and see if the offer you a CLI on the Freedom card.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 11
shane82388
Established Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Methinks the FICO gods smiled down on you.  I would do nothing and let the new Freedom card age wait till next year and see if the offer you a CLI on the Freedom card.

Yeah im kind of thinking that too...

id really like to get a business card for seperate business expenses though sometime soon...its confusing mixing everything. I had a nightmare with taxes this last year...

I guess i could try for the AMEX Green in a month or two again since it would only be a soft pull again......?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you fail try try again...........................  ( was mailed a pre-approval chase letter )

I was DECLINED for the chase business ink despite having a mid 700's score, no derrogatory marks, tons of inquiries.  I called to recon ... DECLINED again said the business didnt have enough "depth".   I called another person with chase ( they asked more intense business questions),  APPROVED!   Remember every human there is different and some can read in between the lines, others just be polite say thank you and TRY AGAIN. you have nothing to lose since they already did a hard inquiry.

My point here is,  no matter how convinced they sound that you do not qualify, do not give up.  Just a little side note this rep. said " we do not look at credit scores ". 

Thats correct, they do not look at scores at all, they go through your report and make an informed decision based on what they have in front of them and they can be persuaded if you believe.

Message 9 of 11
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Did you call them? If not you need to. I was too declined. The system just looked at the negatives. When the guy looked it up in the system it said major delinquency and too many inquiries. Well I had a 6 year old 100 charge off from a cable company. Several inquiries were for stuff like cable, phone and changing merchant services. The rest were refinancing our home. Technically I had maybe one that was related to credit. They gave me 5K. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.