Age Great
Many cards at $0

Any good recon #s or stories?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined by BOA?

WOW im surprised Id say Recon and yes there are some great stories and please go to the search box and put in BOA Recons!!!!! and it will pull up all the threads!
Message 2 of 7
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm. I was hoping to apply when my exp hits 700, maybe i should wait when it hits 850tongue smiley It looks like boa is becoming very unpredictable. Why don't you try a recon.

Message Edited by nathan on 09-01-2008 03:10 PM

Message Edited by nathan on 09-01-2008 03:10 PM
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

nyccc, what reason did they give? Or have you gotten your mailed explanation yet?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Trust me, they did you a favour.  I would check out National City.  They pulled TU for me (Texas).
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Wait for the letter and recon. BofA is PRIME.
Message 6 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Wait for the letter and recon. BofA is PRIME.

These days it seems that none of the big banks are treating their customers very well, even if they are "prime" banks. The ones that are treating people well tend to be the CUs, both small and large.

BoA is more likely than the other big banks to rate jack or CLD or outright close your accounts without you ever paying late. They are the only one of the big ones (Citi, Chase, Amex, Discover, BoA) that explicitly still uses Universal Default.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.